Celtic (1994) v The Famous Aberdeen

24 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
35 minutes ago, Binos said:
1 Scot starting for Aberdeen 

Seems like it's getting worse at the 'big' Scottish clubs. Part of it's down to English and other European clubs snatching Scottish talent before they even make their professional debut, plus data scouting + clubs getting more money means that we're seeing a bunch of randos getting signed.

Scottish football now has virtually no Scottish managers or Scottish players 

Definitely getting worse 

I usually hate this attitude, but given everything, hardest league opener possible, completely new defence, other new players all over the pitch, I am reasonably happy to get away with a 2-0 defeat. But that’s that attitude gone and three points essential from each of the next five games minimum.

I thought it was all pretty similar to many performances I have seen from us at Parkhead over recent seasons, to be honest, under three separate managers now.

There were some moments of promise, but generally too fleeting to get anything from the game. We clearly struggled with Celtic's counter-press when we managed to get possession and just weren't capable of looking after the ball well enough.

Scales was obviously a big miss, partly because it resulted in McCrorie moving out of midfield and Polvara going in. It was probably the most sensible thing to do given the limited options, but it is quite a sizeable downgrade and suggests we are still a body or two light in the middle. 

The new signings look a bit of a mixed bag so far, as is probably to be expected. I thought Roos and Stewart did well today. Coulson and Ramadani had some decent moments, too. They all still need time to adjust, though, so not fair to be too harsh on any of them, especially after an opening game as difficult as that. 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I thought it was all pretty similar to many performances I have seen from us at Parkhead over recent seasons, to be honest, under three separate managers now.

There were some moments of promise, but generally too fleeting to get anything from the game. We clearly struggled with Celtic's counter-press when we managed to get possession and just weren't capable of looking after the ball well enough.

Scales was obviously a big miss, partly because it resulted in McCrorie moving out of midfield and Polvara going in. It was probably the most sensible thing to do given the limited options, but it is quite a sizeable downgrade and suggests we are still a body or two light in the middle. 

The new signings look a bit of a mixed bag so far, as is probably to be expected. I thought Roos and Stewart did well today. Coulson and Ramadani had some decent moments, too. They all still need time to adjust, though, so not fair to be too harsh on any of them, especially after an opening game as difficult as that. 

We played much more positively than that under Glass.

2 hours ago, Don exotic said:

At least that title wasn't tainted by the existence of Sevco. You should have asterisk denoting any titles won since they morphed into being.

So the validity of the league is solely dependant on the existence of Sevco? You deserve an asterix for that level of dumbfuckery 😂

On the game much better than last seasons 1st game could have scored a lot more so need to be more clinical but i’m sure that will come and it’s just great to have the football back.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I would agree that we did at Pittodrie, but my recollection of the Parkhead game is that we were pretty much locked in our own half for most of it. I would have expected the headline statistics from that game and today to be fairly similar. Admittedly, I have been trying to expunge most of last season from my brain, so I might not have the most reliable memory. 

51 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Get Polvara on the first fucking plane back to wherever it was he came from. I’ll fly it myself.

Nah let Shandon fly it, he will probably land it safely upside down before breaking his big toe climbing out the cockpit window.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

So the validity of the league is solely dependant on the existence of Sevco? You deserve an asterix for that level of dumbfuckery 😂

On the game much better than last seasons 1st game could have scored a lot more so need to be more clinical but i’m sure that will come and it’s just great to have the football back.

I may have been parodying the usual OF chat.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I wouldn’t say that we didn’t try to play positively, but that Celtic didn’t allow us. I felt that Celtic, apart from some of their finishing, played almost as well as they can. There are a lot of teams that will come to Celtic Park this season and leave with thumpings.