Celtic (1994) v The Famous Aberdeen

Celtic's counter-press is destroying us. I wonder if Goodwin will be tempted to throw Milne into centre-back for the second half and restore McCrorie to midfield just to try and get some sort of foothold in there. Polvara and Ramadani are being completely overrun. Whilst I thought Ramadani looked good in possession against lower league teams, it is a concern how easy it is for the opposition to essentially take him out of the game. 

Edited by DrewDon

We were a bit spooked by the intensity of Celtic for the first half an hour, I think. Definite signs of improvement towards the end of the half, though.

Ramadani settling down and becoming more influential. Besuijen also growing in confidence and carrying the ball well.

Hayes should have scored, but Celtic have also had a couple of very good chances to extend their lead before that. 

Still look vulnerable in the full-back areas. 

I thought there were some question marks over Stewart's role in the goal, but he has defended our box very well since that, in fairness to him. 

If we can keep it at 1-0 for a little while longer then I will begin to believe that we might be able to nick something. But if Celtic score quickly in the second half then I will be concerned that the floodgates might open.

Edited by DrewDon

1 Scot starting for Aberdeen 
Seems like it's getting worse at the 'big' Scottish clubs. Part of it's down to English and other European clubs snatching Scottish talent before they even make their professional debut, plus data scouting + clubs getting more money means that we're seeing a bunch of randos getting signed.