Heart of Midlothian v Heart of Somewhere Near Inverness

5 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

You two seem rather excited.🤣

You were the one giving it big licks before half-time, lad.

Three points ahead of Aberdeen already. Lost count of how many it was last season, tbh.

Disappointed with the result but pleased with the performance. We'll be kicking ourselves after that Sims miss but generally did well against Hearts. Optimistic for the season.

Just now, Elixir said:

You were the one giving it big licks before half-time, lad.

Booing your team after 35 mins is funny regardless of the final score or how many points you finished above my team last season "lad"🤣

I thought i was being quite generous saying you were lucky to still be in the game at half time.

20 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Booing your team after 35 mins is funny regardless of the final score or how many points you finished above my team last season "lad"🤣

I thought i was being quite generous saying you were lucky to still be in the game at half time.

suspicious-seriously.gif

25 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Did you go to any A’boo’rdeen games last season ?

13 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Just saw a photo of the Busby display - credit where it’s due Jambos.

That was a really nice touch.

Just watched the highlights, and I can only assume they had asked the hearts fans to continue the minutes silence for the rest of the game....................

35 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That was a really nice touch.

Just watched the highlights, and I can only assume they had asked the hearts fans to continue the minutes silence for the rest of the game....................

Hahaha that's quite good. Chapeau

17 hours ago, DC92 said:

Thank f**k.

Much better in the second half without being spectacular. Two good goals.

Grant played well when he came on and his touch and composure made a big difference in midfield. Let's never do the Haring/Smith combination in there again please.

I was hoping to see an improvement from Atkinson this season but Edwards absolutely ruined him today. I don't think we'll sign anyone there but it's a problem position for us imo.

Ross County fell out of the game as an attacking force in the second half but they were really impressive in the first. Fancy them strongly for top six again.

Ultimately we've started the season with three points with a weakened team against a decent side so I'm happy. A good reminder that we've still got business to do in the transfer market though.

I like Atkinson going forward, but he needs to buck up his ideas in defence. I like both him and Sibbick, but I don't think they work side by side. TS appears to like to intercept (and then attack), whereas NA needs cover. Either the pair need to learn to cover for one another, or Robbie needs to shuffle the deck (e.g. Smith AR RWB, KR or CH at RCB, a DM  specifically tasked covering TS/NA - Christ, we have enough!! 😂)

Note, I think they're both good young players, but this personnel meshing lies at the door of the manager 

That's a tremendous three points.

County have done it again, fair play to them. That looks like a top 6 side to me, and I think they'll take points off other sides, making this a good strategic win.

A poor first-half no question, but our first game against a side that has played four competitive games, and we had Smith in the midfield, which is hopefully something we'll never see again.

I think we look like we've got goals in us this season, and that's a good result to build from.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Hearing Atkinson was ill during the week and just had no energy, begs the question why Neilson decided to start him.

I feel like he missed a few games through illness last season as well?

I'm really not sure about him to be honest. He has "something about him" in attack but he's lightweight, lacks a defensive brain, his first touch is inconsistent and his decision making is questionable. He's still young but there are a lot of areas to improve before he becomes even a Premiership level defender imo.

On a more positive note, I also wasn't too sure about signing Alan Forrest but he looks like he'll add something. The intelligent movement and smart finish for his goal is something we didn't see from GMS or Ginnelly at all last season.

County look like a good side with a pretty solid - if unspectacular spine, supporting a very good forward line.

I like that Malky MacKay attacks at grounds where his team is expected to be the underdog.

The. Bristol City loanee is clearly a very good player. His touch and control combined with his pace and eye for goal were impressive. He ran out of steam after running himself in to the ground. We did well to keep County out for that period.

They are top six and will beat a few bigger clubs this season.

Three points though, and our goals were both very very good for different reasons.

McKay is football sex.

Edited by Kyle Reese