Heart of Midlothian v Heart of Somewhere Near Inverness

23 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Nothing compared to the strain on my marriage, I reckon. 🙄

Aye. I've already started laying the groundwork with this missus for why it might be really nice to spend a bit more time up in Scotland over the next few months.

We've got a niece now, you know. And it's nice to catch up with the family etc a bit more.

Hearts and County were fairly even last year for spells (the first half at Tynecastle where Hearts were all over us aside).

Now going 2-2. There will 100% be goals. Shankland most likely.

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye. I've already started laying the groundwork with this missus for why it might be really nice to spend a bit more time up in Scotland over the next few months.

We've got a niece now, you know. And it's nice to catch up with the family etc a bit more.

Suck It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I've felt uneasy about this game for a while and felt uneasier when I saw the starting line-up.

Absolutely shite so far, a worse performance than we turned in at any point last season. The best facets of our team last season were the ability to play out from the back from Souttar and Kingsley, the energy from Devlin and Baningime in the middle and (latterly) Simms' ability to hold the ball up or stretch the game. None of those players available today and it shows.

Ross County look well organised and dangerous. I thought they'd do well this season and I've seen nothing to change my mind so far.

Standard. Hearts have been better since HT but we just cannot win at Tynecastle.

Tillson at fault there, just stopped following Forrest and let him run, but it was a good finish.

Thank f**k.

Much better in the second half without being spectacular. Two good goals.

Grant played well when he came on and his touch and composure made a big difference in midfield. Let's never do the Haring/Smith combination in there again please.

I was hoping to see an improvement from Atkinson this season but Edwards absolutely ruined him today. I don't think we'll sign anyone there but it's a problem position for us imo.

Ross County fell out of the game as an attacking force in the second half but they were really impressive in the first. Fancy them strongly for top six again.

Ultimately we've started the season with three points with a weakened team against a decent side so I'm happy. A good reminder that we've still got business to do in the transfer market though.

We'll be absolutely fine this season on that showing. Faded the start of the 2nd half but plenty positives to take. We were always likely to be punished for not taking our chances in a dominant first 45.

Very evening opening to the game with little to no chances. Hearts set up with that back 3 but they were extremely high which gave county a lot of success with that diag into the left channel. Owura, Sims, Hiwula and Samuel all probably unlucky that they didn’t score. You then knew what was going to happen in the second half. Two fantastic goals from Hearts to be fair; first one is extremely well worked whilst the second one is just sheer class from McKay. We seemed to run out of steam in the second half and Hearts eventually managed the game out well but if that’s a sign of things to come for this season then I’m elated. Owura the standout but I thought Purrington was excellent and Dom Samuel looks a different player so far this season.