Heart of Midlothian v Heart of Somewhere Near Inverness

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Really looking forward to this game. Although ideally we'd add another couple of options to the squad I think we are in a very good place and have recruited sensibly. Think it might come slightly too early fro Devlin to start given he's had a few niggles and  I can't see Rowles starting as I don't think we'll move Halkett to the right of a 3, especially early doors, we'll want to be strong as possible. I think the lineup will be along the lines of:

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Haring Grant Cochrane

Boyce    McKay

Shankland

Subs: Stewart Neilson Rowles Smith Devlin Forrest GMS Henderson Halliday

I think this is pretty close, maybe Devlin for Grant and M. Smith for Sibbick.

Not sure exactly what to expect from Ross County, but a few of their signings look good on paper and they seemed to have a bit of pace about them from the weekend highlights.

I'm feeling a disappointing 1-1 draw for some reason. 2010 opening day v St Johnstone vibes.

13 hours ago, Forfinn said:

There's not much width in that formation.

Kazeem Olaigbe & Owura Edwards would be the width around Jordy going by the LC games, I'd assume.

Does Tillson have an injury? He's not had much game time, like White but both have always been on the bench. I'd have Tillson starting with Callachan in the engine room, seen as we're away at Tynecastle.

Also we're all back to having 5 substitutes each again, which will give  the opportunity to really change it up as the game developes.

11 hours ago, Sammy said:

Lots of hype around Shankland scoring loads of goals for Hearts.

He has only scored 8 goals in Scottish Premiership, so we will be interesting to see what happens during this season.

He'll finally be playing for a decent team, so 35 goals by Christmas

Hope the ticket issue is sorted for Staggies fans - as others have noted, electronic tickets can be sent out via email or whatever. 🤞

Anyway, despite my optimism for the coming season, I expect a tight match with hearts to edge it. A 3-1 that is deemed "unfair to the visitors" by all neutral observers 

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Kazeem Olaigbe & Owura Edwards would be the width around Jordy going by the LC games, I'd assume.

Yes. My post was a joke based on staggy1929's linear formatting.

19 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Probably because of old firm supporters getting in to the home end, and the resultant violence. 

Until that is no longer an issue, I think all clubs will try and tighten up where possible. Well, the clubs that don’t give them a couple of stands or more - anyway.

It's enlightening to hear that issues surrounding Ross County fans obtaining tickets for a match at Tynecastle is, in fact, the fault of old firm supporters. I should've known.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's enlightening to hear that issues surrounding Ross County fans obtaining tickets for a match at Tynecastle is, in fact, the fault of old firm supporters. I should've known.

Sadly the issues around security and the extra hoops that away fans have to jump through are because of issues with old firm supporters in the past. Cloned tickets and two people using the same ticket amongst the most frequent issues. We have installed new turnstyles in order to try and combat this. Not saying this is directly responsible for why the Ross County fan couldn't purchase a ticket at Tynecastle, but it is a massive part of why we have so many security measures in place regarding away tickets.

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

In that case it will be the first one for the new ticket exchange scheme.

Yes that Ticket Exchange looks excellent. Seem to tick all the boxes. Hopefully it will mean much fewer home sell out games with loads of empty seats.

18 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Yes that Ticket Exchange looks excellent. Seem to tick all the boxes. Hopefully it will mean much fewer home sell out games with loads of empty seats.

Agreed. I am glad they put a bit of thought in to the stipulations.

Despite my earlier prediction of an 8-0 win, now that the game is getting closer, I am suddenly sure we're starting the season with a 1-1 draw. 😀

It is genuinely a big game for us. We've got at least 10 midweek games coming up before New Year, the strain on the squad is going to be immense. We need to get points on the board early.

First three league games before we hit Europe are very big for us.

*ETA it's actually 11 with the League Cup game now.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Despite my earlier prediction of an 8-0 win, now that the game is getting closer, I am suddenly sure we're starting the season with a 1-1 draw. 😀

It is genuinely a big game for us. We've got at least 10 midweek games coming up before New Year, the strain on the squad is going to be immense. We need to get points on the board early.

First three league games before we hit Europe are very big for us.

*ETA it's actually 11 with the League Cup game now.

Nothing compared to the strain on my marriage, I reckon. 🙄