Heart of Midlothian v Heart of Somewhere Near Inverness

They will be decent when they have their best players available this season. Home advantage for us though. An entertaining and hard working 2-1 win for Heart of Midlothian.

Shankland to score five.

was considering it, but hearts are being awkward with away tickets

why do so many clubs seem determined to make it harder than needed for away fans to get into games?

23 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Was looking forward to this but with no facility to buy or collect tickets on Saturday it looks unlikely that I'll be able to go. 

How hard is it to have e-tickets? Stenhousemuir and Alloa can do it FFS. 

We use e-tickets and have just installed new turnstiles with improved scanners all round the stadium, so not sure why we wouldn't be able to offer it to County. Maybe they insisted on physical tickets for some reason.

That said, surely if you fancied this game having to get tickets shouldn't have been an issue given how long it's been scheduled. E-tickets would be easier obviously, but County put tickets on sale in mid July. Unless it's a last minute decision it's not really that big an obstacle.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

That said, surely if you fancied this game having to get tickets shouldn't have been an issue given how long it's been scheduled. E-tickets would be easier obviously, but County put tickets on sale in mid July. Unless it's a last minute decision it's not really that big an obstacle.

It's a last minute decision for me. Have been planning it but am helping my sister move this weekend so I had to be sure I could work around that. 

It's a particularly acute issue for County's away support which is mostly central-belt based. Dundee are doing the same thing to Partick fans on Saturday but at least the majority of them presumably can get to Firhill to collect a ticket. I'm not going from Larbert to Dingwall to get a ticket for a game in Edinburgh. 

6 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

It's a last minute decision for me. Have been planning it but am helping my sister move this weekend so I had to be sure I could work around that. 

It's a particularly acute issue for County's away support which is mostly central-belt based. Dundee are doing the same thing to Partick fans on Saturday but at least the majority of them presumably can get to Firhill to collect a ticket. I'm not going from Larbert to Dingwall to get a ticket for a game in Edinburgh. 

Fair enough mate, that's a shitter.  Bit weird e-tickets aren't available as we definitely operate with them.

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Might help...

https://twitter.com/RCFC_SLO/status/1552273041341792257?s=20&t=MK5H8DAnXUrfqAhmL_AlXA

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

was considering it, but hearts are being awkward with away tickets

why do so many clubs seem determined to make it harder than needed for away fans to get into games?

Probably because of old firm supporters getting in to the home end, and the resultant violence. 

Until that is no longer an issue, I think all clubs will try and tighten up where possible. Well, the clubs that don’t give them a couple of stands or more - anyway.

Edited by Kyle Reese

Really looking forward to this game. Although ideally we'd add another couple of options to the squad I think we are in a very good place and have recruited sensibly. Think it might come slightly too early fro Devlin to start given he's had a few niggles and  I can't see Rowles starting as I don't think we'll move Halkett to the right of a 3, especially early doors, we'll want to be strong as possible. I think the lineup will be along the lines of:

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Haring Grant Cochrane

Boyce    McKay

Shankland

Subs: Stewart Neilson Rowles Smith Devlin Forrest GMS Henderson Halliday

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Really looking forward to this game. Although ideally we'd add another couple of options to the squad I think we are in a very good place and have recruited sensibly. Think it might come slightly too early fro Devlin to start given he's had a few niggles and  I can't see Rowles starting as I don't think we'll move Halkett to the right of a 3, especially early doors, we'll want to be strong as possible. I think the lineup will be along the lines of:

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Haring Grant Cochrane

Boyce    McKay

Shankland

Subs: Stewart Neilson Rowles Smith Devlin Forrest GMS Henderson Halliday

Like that, but for me Devlin plays if fit.

I also think Neilson may edge out Sibbick for RCB if we play that formation.

I think it will be that formation but Rowles at LCB and Kingsley at LB, with Cochrane dropping to the bench.

Grant to come on and replace Boyce later on in the game.

I wonder who we'll go with out wide to start this.

Sims and Owura seem to be the first picks but Olaigbe and Akio have both impressed, Sims and Akio having slight knocks may change things though.

I'd go 

Laidlaw

Randall

Baldwin 

Iacovitti 

Purrington

Callachan

Loturi

Dhanda

Olaigbe

Owura

Hiwula

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

I'd go 

Laidlaw

Randall

Baldwin 

Iacovitti 

Purrington

Callachan

Loturi

Dhanda

Olaigbe

Owura

Hiwula

There's not much width in that formation.