The countdown to Livi beating rangers in the opening game of the spl

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Is this a really poor executed trolling mission or a total mental breakdown?

Genuinely can't decide. 

We either care about football governance, ownership, and the security of our clubs, or we don't.

It's amazing that people give Livingston such a pass.

I'll leave the thread to discussion of the match now.

58 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

We either care about football governance, ownership, and the security of our clubs, or we don't.

It's amazing that people give Livingston such a pass.

I'll leave the thread to discussion of the match now.

Piss off sad sacks........

You should have named a good portion of the Lowland League in the same bracket OGB,CC,CB and so on,or sevco but hav failed to do so.

Your angst over LFC is delicious, out here in WL we couldn't care what anyone thinks east of Newbridge...........

Edited by Dav nan Gael

The club has confirmed that a policy agreed with the Police and Stewards will be that any 'away' fans identified in the West Stand will be removed. Additional Police and Stewards are being provided. In addition the club is looking at ways to prevent this happening in the future

This was taken from the clubs liaison officers Twitter feed.

17 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

A mod could always just merge the threads.

I think if we just let the drama queens have their drama in the other thread. We can talk about the match in this thread. 

How do you think we'll line up?

I reckon we could look like this:- 

Shamal

Devlin  Fitzwater  Obileye  Cancar

Kelly

Holt            Pittman

Nouble                          Bahamboula

Anderson

Bench

Stryjeck

Longridge

Brandon

Bitsinoude

Omeonga

Montano (if he passes concussion tests)

Goncalves 

Shinnie

Mullen

Edited by spiggle

8 minutes ago, spiggle said:

I think if we just let the drama queens have their drama in the other thread. We can talk about the match in this thread. 

Shamal

Kelly

Holt            Pittman

Anderson

Bench

Stryjeck

Longridge

Brandon

Bitsinoude

Omeonga

Goncalves 

Shinnie

Mullen

I'd probably expect us to go a bit more defensive

George

Devlin Fitzwater Ayo Cancar

Pittman Holt Kelly Omeonga

Nouble

Anderson

Pitts playing more of a floating role and covering up at RB with Omeonga doing the same for LB. It'll be a case of absorbing pressure and getting the ball to Nouble to drag us up the park

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Is this a really poor executed trolling mission or a total mental breakdown?

Genuinely can't decide. 

Trumpism from a "Hearts" fan having a mare, can't answer anything when challenged and just spouts more shite, hasn't had one factual comment. Seems to think admin means liquidation, which is quite funny considering Hearts have gone into admin too. 

He's just had a bigger pumping than his team when we beat them 5-0.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

24 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd probably expect us to go a bit more defensive

George

Devlin Fitzwater Ayo Cancar

Pittman Holt Kelly Omeonga

Nouble

Anderson

Pitts playing more of a floating role and covering up at RB with Omeonga doing the same for LB. It'll be a case of absorbing pressure and getting the ball to Nouble to drag us up the park

Yeah think we need Pittman, Holt and Omeonga playing, prob Kelly too, try to frustrate them and win battles in midfield to break up play. Omeonga is really good at keeping possession and winning balls back, will be a key player in this game.

50 minutes ago, Tony mac said:

The club has confirmed that a policy agreed with the Police and Stewards will be that any 'away' fans identified in the West Stand will be removed. Additional Police and Stewards are being provided. In addition the club is looking at ways to prevent this happening in the future

This was taken from the clubs liaison officers Twitter feed.

Good. It's one thing that we give them 3 stands, but I'd rather be surrounded by empty seats than smelly orcs with orange tops.

Hopefully we can go the Ross County (?) route and cancel tickets bought online, should be easy enough just looking for purchases by folk with staunch usernames.

After hearing Davie Martindales Interview with the TalkLivi podcast I am not sure Shamal George will start. could be wrong but it's a baptism of fire if he does. 

Likely I can see 

Konolavov

Devlin  Fitzwater  Obileye  Cancar/Montano/Penrice

Kelly

Omeonga  Holt  Pittman  Nouble

Anderson

for me its a matter of frustrating them, and trying to get out from time to time looking to hold the ball up and try to bring others into play. the biggest thing for me will be our left back position. For me best we have for that position is Penrice but Cancar played well there on Saturday, I want to see Penrice get a good run without injury. 

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Your club shamelesly lists the honours won by the club it murdered on its website.

Livingston's blood-stained history seems to have been just quietly forgotten by Scottish football.

Your club is a load of shite.

Meadowbank fucking died :D f**k them. As far as I'm concerned it's Livi 95-Present. Nothing more. 

2 hours ago, Lothiangamer said:

After hearing Davie Martindales Interview with the TalkLivi podcast I am not sure Shamal George will start. could be wrong but it's a baptism of fire if he does. 

Likely I can see 

Konolavov

Devlin  Fitzwater  Obileye  Cancar/Montano/Penrice

Kelly

Omeonga  Holt  Pittman  Nouble

Anderson

for me its a matter of frustrating them, and trying to get out from time to time looking to hold the ball up and try to bring others into play. the biggest thing for me will be our left back position. For me best we have for that position is Penrice but Cancar played well there on Saturday, I want to see Penrice get a good run without injury. 

Yeah just listened to it there, Davie saying "Shamal over the next 4 to 6 weeks is still going to be part of a learning curve".

Might be bringing him on as a sub first then, in a more low key game, before giving him starts, to bring him on gradually and get him used to our game.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah just listened to it there, Davie saying "Shamal over the next 4 to 6 weeks is still going to be part of a learning curve".

Might be bringing him on as a sub first then, in a more low key game, before giving him starts, to bring him on gradually and get him used to our game.

There's no way we'll be bringing him on as a sub. In the same vein Callum Carson has posted an article saying that Shamal will be getting his debut on Saturday in a 'baptism by fire'. I think the learning curve comment is more about learning while playing

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Good. It's one thing that we give them 3 stands, but I'd rather be surrounded by empty seats than smelly orcs with orange tops.

Hopefully we can go the Ross County (?) route and cancel tickets bought online, should be easy enough just looking for purchases by folk with staunch usernames.

Naebody called William getting a ticket then, or with FTP after their name.

Just now, ATLIS said:

There's no way we'll be bringing him on as a sub. In the same vein Callum Carson has posted an article saying that Shamal will be getting his debut on Saturday in a 'baptism by fire'. I think the learning curve comment is more about learning while playing

Good stuff, just hope to f**k he doesn't have a Max type blunder letting a goal in, but desperate to see the big fella play.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Good stuff, just hope to f**k he doesn't have a Max type blunder letting a goal in, but desperate to see the big fella play.

Hopefully anyway. I'm more confident in his proven pedigree than I have been with any keeper we've signed in a long time. You don't get to be a club's POTY for being a bad keeper. A lot of fans saying he kept them up last season

22 hours ago, spiggle said:

Shamal

Kelly

Holt            Pittman

Anderson

Bench

Stryjeck

Longridge

Brandon

Bitsinoude

Omeonga

Goncalves 

Shinnie

Mullen

I actually prefer this starting line up. Previous experience of ten men behind the ball against the old firm rarely works. The likes of Nouble and Bahamboula on the wing will doubtless cause problems although I then worry about the referee after last season's exploits with Nouble.

I would suspect the Russian boy would get the nod ahead of Stryjek; also this is definitely not Longridge's kind of game.

21 hours ago, LiviLion said:

It doesn't particularly worry me about away support sneaking into the West Stand; we experience enough of that with the hospitality. 

So long as they are there to support their team and not cause problems then I don't have a problem with it. Unfortunately that doesn't always pan out when playing the big teams like the old firm and Motherwell.  

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I actually prefer this starting line up. Previous experience of ten men behind the ball against the old firm rarely works. The likes of Nouble and Bahamboula on the wing will doubtless cause problems although I then worry about the referee after last season's exploits with Nouble.

I would suspect the Russian boy would get the nod ahead of Stryjek; also this is definitely not Longridge's kind of game.

We've done quite well playing a low block against them, esp against Celtic, and sometimes you don't really have a choice, you just get pinned back in your own half with having so little possession. Trying to out play them would def not end well, press them in our own half and hit on the counter will prob be our game plan. Nouble is a good out ball and the likes of Holt and Omeonga are excellent at winning back possession, though keeping it will be difficult.