Bonnyrigg Rose v Forfar Athletic

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

I'll be honest, I think the players in the squad at Forfar at the moment are more than capable of holding their own in this league, even challenging to win it potentially.

The issue is the coaching team. 

The way the team has been set up has been basic and easy to get round, if I'm being kind, since the turn of the year. There is no plan B, and Plan A hasn't evolved in 18 months.

Apologies for my negativity, I'm just scunnered.

Spot on. Hopefully his plan B is to pack it in. 

Four key players missing today but I've no confidence this guy will ever have us playing on the front foot and not utterly soul destroying to watch. I've nae idea what he's so afraid of!? His subs are hopeless aswell, never anything but like for like.

2 hours ago, B75 said:

For any of those forfar teenagers who got on the 49 bus after the game moaning "we should never be losing to Bonnyrigg"

Aye you should, The Rose were by far the better team. Already looking forward to our trips to Station Park.

We should move the games to the Steele park in forfar . That’s also on the side of a hill.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Yep, that has to be the logical conclusion. Some really good players under a management team that are either quite happy to toddle along or don't have the necessary mind-set to adapt their "style" after 18 months.  Unless the Board are either equally empty of ideas or are happy in L2 something's got to change. Bloody hell, one game in and I'm ranting already!

I'm all for giving managers time and whilst I'm not calling for Gary's head yet, it's worth remembering that Stuart Malcolm (who was genuinely hopeless) left of his own accord, and it was a shock to the board - despite us being hopeless and losing every week - they were nowhere near contemplating giving him a P45.

So, I very much doubt Irvine will get sacked this season even if we end up being nearer the Highland League than League One.

As has been fairly well reported. Forfar have one of the strongest squads in the League, with plenty of quality at the back and in midfield, but there is no denying we have been atrocious, and poor at best, in every game this season.

"Strap in lads, we're in for a bumpy ride!"

15 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I'm all for giving managers time and whilst I'm not calling for Gary's head yet, it's worth remembering that Stuart Malcolm (who was genuinely hopeless) left of his own accord, and it was a shock to the board - despite us being hopeless and losing every week - they were nowhere near contemplating giving him a P45.

So, I very much doubt Irvine will get sacked this season even if we end up being nearer the Highland League than League One.

As has been fairly well reported. Forfar have one of the strongest squads in the League, with plenty of quality at the back and in midfield, but there is no denying we have been atrocious, and poor at best, in every game this season.

"Strap in lads, we're in for a bumpy ride!"

I've said before, I really don't notice much difference between Malcolm and Irvine's teams -- Munro heidering us out of trouble and Slater being class in midfield is about it. Both put out teams that have been passive and boring to the point of unwatchable.

I've said before, I really don't notice much difference between Malcolm and Irvine's teams -- Munro heidering us out of trouble and Slater being class in midfield is about it. Both put out teams that have been passive and boring to the point of unwatchable.
Munro is also made out to be some god when the truth is he's a decent meat and tatties League 2 defender

But you're right. "Let's see what the opposition do" tactics are shite

59 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Munro is also made out to be some god when the truth is he's a decent meat and tatties League 2 defender

Watch the people commenting on the Facebook post about the game don’t find this, they’re adamant he’s destined for a higher league.

Well it was a great afternoon at NDP for all Rose fans. An excellent crowd and we were well entertained. Thought once again it was a great team performance from The Rose. We created some good chances early doors and unlucky not to be ahead at the interval. Came out strong in the second half and got rewarded by a Smith header being thrown into the net by the opposition goalie. Smith missed a sitter just after that. The goalie made good saves from a Connolly shot and a Hall header, the of course the ground erupted when Scotty Gray scored a fantastic second goal. Forfar never lad a glove on The Rose as Mark Weir never had a save to make. So all in all a great start to our inaugural SPFL season.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹