Bonnyrigg Rose v Forfar Athletic

For any of those forfar teenagers who got on the 49 bus after the game moaning "we should never be losing to Bonnyrigg"

Aye you should, The Rose were by far the better team. Already looking forward to our trips to Station Park.

Bonnyrigg deserved winners today. Generally controlled the game and if they’d been more clinical could have scored a couple more. They were fortunate with the opener but no more than they deserved. I thought Ross Gray was by far the best player on the park. He’s the one player in that team who was that bit extra quality on the ball to drive forward and open up defences.

Forfar were well off it though. They had some nice touches in midfield but absolutely nothing up front. Bonnyrigg seemed much more keen to win every second ball too.

33 minutes ago, Mr November said:

They had some nice touches in midfield but absolutely nothing up front. Bonnyrigg seemed much more keen to win every second ball too.

Don't take this the wrong way, as those are very valid points, but if the new team in the league can see what we've been saying for ages, then we are in a shite state of affairs.

I'll be honest, I think the players in the squad at Forfar at the moment are more than capable of holding their own in this league, even challenging to win it potentially.

The issue is the coaching team. 

The way the team has been set up has been basic and easy to get round, if I'm being kind, since the turn of the year. There is no plan B, and Plan A hasn't evolved in 18 months.

Apologies for my negativity, I'm just scunnered.

7 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I'll be honest, I think the players in the squad at Forfar at the moment are more than capable of holding their own in this league, even challenging to win it potentially.

The issue is the coaching team. 

The way the team has been set up has been basic and easy to get round, if I'm being kind, since the turn of the year. There is no plan B, and Plan A hasn't evolved in 18 months.

Apologies for my negativity, I'm just scunnered.

Nail on head 

52 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Don't take this the wrong way, as those are very valid points, but if the new team in the league can see what we've been saying for ages, then we are in a shite state of affairs.

I’m not even a Bonnyrigg fan so went into the game not knowing too much about either team. There’s some decent players at Forfar which makes me think it’s a management thing as much as anything else.

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

There’s some decent players at Forfar which makes me think it’s a management thing as much as anything else.

Yep, that has to be the logical conclusion. Some really good players under a management team that are either quite happy to toddle along or don't have the necessary mind-set to adapt their "style" after 18 months.  Unless the Board are either equally empty of ideas or are happy in L2 something's got to change. Bloody hell, one game in and I'm ranting already!

Great start to our journey in the big leagues, has definitely settled the nerves a little. 

Really positive to see how well we managed the game, certainly gives a bit of early hope that we can push into the top half. It's very early days of course, away next week will be a test.