Bonnyrigg Rose v Forfar Athletic

The new league campaign starts on Saturday, sorry if one of the Rose fans wanted to start their first ever league match thread with the big boys. I was a little bored so, fired in.

Not read much of the Roses new signings, I'm sure they have made a few. However, their tails will be up in what I expect a large crown behind them.

Forfar have made a few signings, as of note (in the cups & friendlies), we are a team still looking for a wee bit of glue to get us playing as a team.

Both teams have been scoring, Forfar have been very leaking at the back.

Hope it's a great game for everyone.

1-3 Forfar.

I unfortunately don’t feel as positive as the two above. A grim pre-season and League Cup campaign hasn’t done much to elevate my hopes for the new season.

Even if a number of players from last season have gone, just six wins out of 26 competitive games since Boxing Day, or one in the last ten, surely means there is pressure on Irvine to get it right from the get go this season.

His ability to make us look like two different teams in either half is frustrating. We go from looking like a competent team in the first half to not being interested in scoring in the second.

I would like us to win, however I can’t help but feel Bonnyrigg will win this 3-1.

46 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

I unfortunately don’t feel as positive as the two above. A grim pre-season and League Cup campaign hasn’t done much to elevate my hopes for the new season.

Even if a number of players from last season have gone, just six wins out of 26 competitive games since Boxing Day, or one in the last ten, surely means there is pressure on Irvine to get it right from the get go this season.

His ability to make us look like two different teams in either half is frustrating. We go from looking like a competent team in the first half to not being interested in scoring in the second.

I would like us to win, however I can’t help but feel Bonnyrigg will win this 3-1.

I don't think there's any internal pressure on Irvine at all. IMO, the only way he leaves is of his own accord.

21 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Dalhousie Castle Hotel & Spa has a helicopter landing pad. Short limo ride to NDP from there, it's not really so Forfar to walk either.

Or the Cockpen circular bus from there to the ground and for the return.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So the day has finally arrived and The Rose make their debut in SPFL 2. It’s a bright breezy day in downtown Bonnyrigg. The fans have been well entertained the last few seasons on our journey and I expect a good game today. There will be a decent crowd at NDP. I along with many others are excited about today and the season ahead.

C’mon The Rose 🌹 🌹🌹

20 hours ago, C_titz said:

Whyte back in squad tomorrow thank fck. Keatings and flanigan also. Hopefully these 2 can get us near the opposition goal at least 

Not bad, 3 posts - and all wrong.

No aitken, which is a suprise.

C'mon Forfar get intae this shite.