Kilmarnock v Dundee United

Kyle Lafferty is still one of the most unlikeable players in Scottish football.  It’s remiss that it’s not been mentioned so far in this thread.

Trying to think of a single thing he could have done yesterday that would have annoyed the away support. He had a very quiet game apart from the two lovely backheels that set up the Polworth chance early on. Definitely not fully fit.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Trying to think of a single thing he could have done yesterday that would have annoyed the away support. He had a very quiet game apart from the two lovely backheels that set up the Polworth chance early on. Definitely not fully fit.

He’s just generally unlikeable in the same way you’re generally boring.  Hope that helps.

Lafferty appears to get away with quite a bit of petty play, and according to the BBC statistics 4 fouls were given against him yesterday, but he was not booked. In comparison Harkes committed 2 fouls and was booked for both. 

These sort of details outline why opposition fans dislike Lafferty, over and above him being naturally detestable.

34 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Lafferty appears to get away with quite a bit of petty play, and according to the BBC statistics 4 fouls were given against him yesterday, but he was not booked. In comparison Harkes committed 2 fouls and was booked for both. 

These sort of details outline why opposition fans dislike Lafferty, over and above him being naturally detestable.

Take off the orange tinted specs laddie. Harkes was booked quite rightly for 2 fouls, the other 3 he commited went without comment.

I would also point out that this is the most physical Dundee United team I've seen for a long time.

Now you have the draw master as your boss bottom 6 looks to be your destination.

41 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Simple answer....

Harkes is a clown, Lafferty is very clever.

34 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

I would also point out that this is the most physical Dundee United team I've seen for a long time.

I think most United fans would be delighted if that were true. Its not though, its absolute bollocks. Probably less physical than last season and certainly less physical than under Mellon in the season you were relegated.  

56 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Take off the orange tinted specs laddie. Harkes was booked quite rightly for 2 fouls, the other 3 he commited went without comment.

Now you have the draw master as your boss bottom 6 looks to be your destination.

I only noticed two, the referee only noticed two, and the BBC only noticed two fouls from Harkes. Well done on seeing five.

And less of the 'laddie, and as for 'orange'..... 

I'm pretty sure all his fouls were aerial challenges, the sort that centre-forwards engage in throughout every single game of football ever. Not sure there's anything remotely petty about that.

Harkes committed two blatant yellow card offences, the fact he couldn't get near our midfield to make any other fouls in the rest of the game doesn't make that any less the case.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure all his fouls were aerial challenges, the sort that centre-forwards engage in throughout every single game of football ever. Not sure there's anything remotely petty about that.

Harkes committed two blatant yellow card offences, the fact he couldn't get near our midfield to make any other fouls in the rest of the game doesn't make that any less the case.

One of Lafferty's fouls was for handball. Harkes second booking was hardly blatant, there were far worse fouls in the game which went unpunished in terms of bookings, one by Liam Smith and another by Ash Taylor in the first half as examples.

Hardly worth bothering about now, the game is well over.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

16 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Pish.

On 30/07/2022 at 21:16, Captain Saintsible said:

Are Killie fans singing the song because they liked the Harry Clay original or cos they are apeing the sectarian version?

That’s a rhetorical question btw 😉

Man Utd sing it. 

Why don't you go on their forums and bore them to tears too 

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

One of Lafferty's fouls was for handball. Harkes second booking was hardly blatant, there were far worse fouls in the game which went unpunished in terms of bookings, one by Liam Smith and another by Ash Taylor in the first half as examples.

Denied Stokes a penalty in the 2012  League Cup final at Hampden ✅

Gave a last min penalty against Rangers in Steve Clarke's final game for European qualification ✅

Lets Lafferty away with murder ✅

Sent Harkes off on Saturday ✅

Willie Collum loves the Killie ✅

Dry yer eyes.