Kilmarnock v Dundee United

Really enjoyed that game today. Thought we were really good in the first half, impressed by all of the new boys but McInroy stood out in terms of his positivity, just constantly trying to make things happen. We had most of the game but United always looked dangerous when they went forward, and Fletcher and Levitt showed their quality with that goal.

Thought United started the second half much better, especially when they took off the small child who was playing on the wing, presumably as some sort of Make a Wish thing, and replaced him with an actual player. Fortunately they only had 11 on the park for about 10 minutes before Harkes' daft red card.

Still didn't think the goal was going to come, but we kept at it and United made the mistake of getting deeper and deeper. Another great finish from Taylor too, 6ft 5 but all his goals seem to be with his feet. We could have snatched it at the end too but it didn't quite drop for us in the box.

All in all, really pleased to have a team that I actually like watching, and we still have guys like Jones plus some new signings who can come in and improve it.

42 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

I asked why Killie fans wish to ape a notorious sectarian song?

I don't think Henry Clay Work wrote it as a sectarian song. The tune was hijacked by bigots, but because something is appropriated by groups with closed minds it shouldn't preclude the use of that item, in this case a song, by more reasonable people.

The poppy is a good example of this.

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I don't think Henry Clay Work wrote it as a sectarian song. The tune was hijacked by bigots, but because something is appropriated by groups with closed minds it shouldn't preclude the use of that item, in this case a song, by more reasonable people.

Spoken like a true Hindu.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Are Killie fans singing the song because they liked the Harry Clay original or cos they are apeing the sectarian version?

That’s a rhetorical question btw 😉

Edited by Captain Saintsible

3 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

I have no idea why you care. Why do you?

I never said it was sectarian. I asked why Killie fans wish to ape a notorious sectarian song?

I think the number of posts you have made on this says more about your attitude to Sevco than it does to Killie. It is a football song that has no relationship with their rendition. 

Killie of course also rymes with silly which is what your posts on this topic are. 

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If it hadn’t been for the sending off we would have taken all three points from the opening fixture.

If it hadn't been for Dylan Levitt's goal we would have taken all three points.

23 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

I think the number of posts you have made on this says more about your attitude to Sevco than it does to Killie. It is a football song that has no relationship with their rendition. 

Killie of course also rymes with silly which is what your posts on this topic are. 

It very fcuking obviously does have a relationship with their rendition. You just changed the lyrics.

Just like the morons that still sing it at Tannadice changed it to a more reasonable version of ‘up to our knees in Derry etc’.

Why some fans cling to the notion that it’s ok because our lyrics aren’t sectarian is beyond me.

I mean does it mean that much to you? You really like sounding like Rangers fans over the radio?

Personally it gives me the cringe whenever I hear it.

16 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

It very fcuking obviously does have a relationship with their rendition. You just changed the lyrics.

Just like the morons that still sing it at Tannadice changed it to a more reasonable version of ‘up to our knees in Derry etc’.

Why some fans cling to the notion that it’s ok because our lyrics aren’t sectarian is beyond me.

I mean does it mean that much to you? You really like sounding like Rangers fans over the radio?

Personally it gives me the cringe whenever I hear it.

It’s an American marching song that Killie fans sang long before the bigots. A bit of research would have saved you making a common error. Hello hello we are the Killie boys. 

1 hour ago, KTID26 said:

^^^* exhibit A