Kilmarnock v Dundee United

Hello, Arabs. Nice to be in the same division as each other again.

How are you feeling about the opening game of the season? Expecting a decent away support?

I'm hoping for a good noisy Killie support. Not too optimistic for the season just yet - think McInnes is putting together the makings of a good side with some of our signings, but injuries to key players at the moment and still short in key areas, with some of the players who just arent good enough still hanging around the club. 

I'm hoping come the end of August our squad will look a little different. If we have enough to take 3 points against United this Sat before tough games against the two cheeks, I'll be very happy.

I'm really looking forward to this one - reckon both teams have improved since we last met in January. 

There's so much guesswork at this time in the season, and I don't really feel like I've learned a great deal about Killie from the two LC games I've seen.

Quite important that we take 3 points from this given how tricky our start to the season is. If we get beat then we're going into back to back old firm games with 0 points, with another 2 of the top 6 teams last season to follow that. 

Quite important that we take 3 points from this given how tricky our start to the season is. If we get beat then we're going into back to back old firm games with 0 points, with another 2 of the top 6 teams last season to follow that. 

15 points minimum.

Excited to be back in the big time - however, I would be happy with a draw. I don't think we're quite the finished article yet due to a lack of signings and injuries as others have said, and United have strengthened on paper at least. Bring on the new season - there's every chance that after 3 games we might have no points on the board, but a much tougher start you probably couldn't have got. 

For a variety of reasons I can't get excited for this match, maybe closer to kick off that will change. Team will be close to the side that started at Fleetwood, that formation looked a bit disjointed to me, all too often Fletcher seemed isolated up front. I'm unsure we are ready for competitive football yet.

I'd be happy with a draw, as it seems would quite a few posters here, it's a pity we can't just agree to that and forget the 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

For a variety of reasons I can't get excited for this match, maybe closer to kick off that will change. Team will be close to the side that started at Fleetwood, that formation looked a bit disjointed to me, all too often Fletcher seemed isolated up front. I'm unsure we are ready for competitive football yet.

I'd be happy with a draw, as it seems would quite a few posters here, it's a pity we can't just agree to that and forget the 90 minutes.

If it wasn't for it being the first game of the season - say, if this game was in October or February - I suspect pretty much everyone would be fine with this. 

Looking forward to flag day on Saturday, should be a healthy crowd. 

Donnelly, Lafferty, Murray and Alston all back is a bonus and very happy with Power being named club captain for the season.

I'd take a draw right now as we are still a bit away from the finished article but just glad to be back playing top flight football... Bring it on.

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Looking forward to flag day on Saturday, should be a healthy crowd. 

Donnelly, Lafferty, Murray and Alston all back is a bonus and very happy with Power being named club captain for the season.

I'd take a draw right now as we are still a bit away from the finished article but just glad to be back playing top flight football... Bring it on.

I would also take a draw on Saturday but hoping for a win of course. Utd could/should be 4th this season, on paper it looks like they’ve brought in plenty of quality.

6 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

I spose. Still below Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, maybe even Saints. Who knows.

Always expected better.

Where'd you get those stats btw?

If you added both the saints away supports together you might get that number 

Edited by Squalor Vic