St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

27 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Not sure, Davidsons was a shocker, both reds for me. Rocky also should've walked after the forearm incident.

Rocky was incredibly clumsy. Don’t think he’s meant to get him in the face but doubt that’ll stop him getting cited. Shame as he’s been our best defender this season.

12 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Watched Sportscene tonight. You'll not see a more obvious yellow card than Davidson's, then the yellow for Hibs was far more of a red.... standard of refereeing is pish 

I thought Davidson deserved a red for his. Far too late there was no intention of going for the ball. Bushiri should have been off as well. The last one is 50/50 as well and could argue either way.  Fans might not disagree with the ref but I don't think anyone can say they were ridiculous decisions.

21 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Wonder why Sportscene discussed Rocky's elbow but not the one on Porteous. Honest mistake I guess.

If you mean the time Porteous flung himself to the ground near the half way line in the first half, then there looked like there was absolutely no contact, let alone an elbow. That's probably why they didn't discuss it. 

25 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Wonder why Sportscene discussed Rocky's elbow but not the one on Porteous. Honest mistake I guess.

Sportsound were ridiculing him when it happened, presumably did Porteous a favour by not bringing it up on Sportscene.

29 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Sportsound were ridiculing him when it happened, presumably did Porteous a favour by not bringing it up on Sportscene.

Presumably Sportsound didnt have the benefit of the replays I did from Hibs tv whch clearly showed an accidental elbow on him?

His rolling around was pathetic, but dont lie about the actual incident...............

19 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Look at the match stats - as our manager is saying on the radio right now, we didnt click in front of goal, but that will come, this was 5 brand new players, and 2 who only got their work permits on Wednesday.....................

In every other area we were absolutely miles ahead - yes St J are crap, but I guarantee that every team wont come away with 3 points there.

Stephen Glass and Dave Cormack take on the match.

As for the claim that Porteous is a player other teams would've to have  - no, sorry.  The boy is an embarrassment with his behaviour and is pretty average as a footballer.

You’d love to have him, plays for the badge, good player and does the ugly side of the game well. The fact he has the majority of fans of other clubs on strings proves it.

11 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

As for the claim that Porteous is a player other teams would've to have  - no, sorry.  The boy is an embarrassment with his behaviour and is pretty average as a footballer.

You’d love to have him, plays for the badge, good player and does the ugly side of the game well. The fact he has the majority of fans of other clubs on strings proves it.

He's ok. Touch of the Zander Diamonds about him though: looks slow to learn and not developing his early potential.  Missing games through red cards for stupid shit like kicking Ramirez' nuts should annoy fans but there's childlike simpletons in all fanbases that lap that shit up. On strings indeed. 

He's ok. Touch of the Zander Diamonds about him though: looks slow to learn and not developing his early potential.  Missing games through red cards for stupid shit like kicking Ramirez' nuts should annoy fans but there's childlike simpletons in all fanbases that lap that shit up. On strings indeed. 

Think people forget he’s only 23. Whole St Johnstone stand was booing him all game, was pleasing to see him give a bit back when we scored.

17 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Think people forget he’s only 23. Whole St Johnstone stand was booing him all game, was pleasing to see him give a bit back when we scored.

I get that's only a bit of banter. Doesn't help  the "anyone would have him argument" though. I'd probably trade Bates for him but there's not a huge amount in it. 

I get that's only a bit of banter. Doesn't help  the "anyone would have him argument" though. I'd probably trade Bates for him but there's not a huge amount in it. 

He’s miles better than the big huddy Stewart you’ve made your captain at least.

I meant more he’s the type of player
any fan would love to have playing for their team due to the way he seems to wind up other teams whilst playing well.