St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

Hibs were the better team and showed far more attacking threat throughout.

The ref was poor and got a few major decisions wrong, but other than 4-5 minutes after half time we contributed nothing to that game in a football sense. No attacking threat, no creativity, no decent play.

We were no different with 10 on the park than with 11, such was our lack of threat. Fair play to the players when we were a man down, they worked hard and looked to have weathered the storm, but we deserved nothing from that game overall.

Murphy and Bair looked like a pair of competition winners, woeful. Yes they had poor service, but they contributed nothing. As impotent an attack as we could ever see. 

Wonder if Callum Davidson will ever work out that midfield is an important area in a football team.

A noisy enthusiastic crowd on the opening game of the season and that’s what we turn up with. Nothing.  

Even after Hibs scored with 5 minutes injury time we do nothing, no change, no defender off to bring on Max or MOH to try to salvage something.

I like Callum Davidson. Brilliant player for us, a good guy, great coach and gave us the greatest season ever. But it’s obvious it’s going to be another season of negativity and incompetence, with entire matches of nothing to cheer but winning a throw in or a sliding tackle.

Learnt nothing from last season at all, same shite.  Time to end this torture.

9 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Watched Sportscene tonight. You'll not see a more obvious yellow card than Davidson's, then the yellow for Hibs was far more of a red.... standard of refereeing is pish 

I think you will find that both were a Yellow and a Half

10 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Jambos all over the wee teams thread :lol: Outplayed by Ross County by all accounts. 

You say that like it's not going to happen to Hibs three times this season.

Davidsons time is up

How many times do we have to see him focus on the bad ref decisions instead of his inept tactics and poor signings,although his tactics are so woeful he would negate any talent he'd signed.

He's learned nothing as he refuses to blame himself for the poor performances and the absolute void of goals and entertainment.

Time to go Calum

Just saw the Cabraja tackle again and it’s 100% a red card if Porteous flies in like that. Inconsistency in refereeing is mental. Also thought the Davidson one was a bit harsh on second viewing.

We deserved the win without creating an awful lot. By far the better side, or should I say the only side interested in trying to score.

Hibs deserved to win, no doubt about it.  But for the ref to allow them to finish the game with eleven players after red carding Muzz leaves a very bad taste.  Add in the free kick (and yellow card!) given against McPherson in the lead up to their goal and you can understand the frustration of Saints fans. 

All that said,  Callum Davidson needs to go now. A home game on the first day of the season and we muster one shot on target? Sorry Callum but that's fucking terrible. 

Hibs will play much better than that this season and lose.

As for the claim that Porteous is a player other teams would've to have  - no, sorry.  The boy is an embarrassment with his behaviour and is pretty average as a footballer.

12 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Just saw the Cabraja tackle again and it’s 100% a red card if Porteous flies in like that. Inconsistency in refereeing is mental. Also thought the Davidson one was a bit harsh on second viewing.

We deserved the win without creating an awful lot. By far the better side, or should I say the only side interested in trying to score.

Not sure, Davidsons was a shocker, both reds for me. Rocky also should've walked after the forearm incident.

17 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Not sure, Davidsons was a shocker, both reds for me. Rocky also should've walked after the forearm incident.

Aye, I'd say both reds really. Cabrajas is probably more dangerous/forceful but at least he's just about in a position to challenge for the ball. Davidson should have known he'd no chance of getting near it about 3 seconds before he goes to ground and there's much clearer intent to harm/injure.

What's getting lost in this is that Saints had their only real attempt after the sending off, and Hibs looked much less like scoring from then until the last minute, so I'm not sure how much of a difference being a man down made

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan