St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

Just now, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Davidson sounds utterly delusional in that interview, what positives?

Plenty of positive takeaways for Calum Davidson.

St Johnstone are quite good at timewasting without being booked, a very necessary skill at this level.

He gets to blame inconsistent refereeing for this result at his next job interview.

He won't have to stay in Perth much longer.

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Davidson sounds utterly delusional in that interview, what positives?

This is the shit we’ve been putting up with for the vast majority of his time with us. We were completely outplayed, only positives we can take were the performances of Mitchell and Considine in my eyes. No threat up front, we lost the midfield battle and were absolutely battered on the wings. The new goalkeeper has a 0% save percentage and had a fantastic block on the line by Mitchell (I think - my angle wasn’t great to see it) to thank for not chucking in a goal. 

Davidson is the football equivalent of the Iraqi information minister. 

Really? They will take a few gubbing this season.  

Meant more because of the manner they approached the game today, especially after the red card.

We just weren’t clinical enough, could have had 2 or 3 by half time.

1 minute ago, woolf said:

F6F6B6CA-C42B-4E0B-B664-317AA6DEC83A.jpeg

I think the point being made here is that one is a flabby wee jakey with a bad haircut, bitch tits and awful fashion sense................and the other is a Hibs fan.

HTH

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I thought he was excellent today, seemed like a very good defender.

f**k sake I would have looked good against your attack, that was after my 3 pints and a walk from the Foundry.😉

4 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Meant more because of the manner they approached the game today, especially after the red card.

We just weren’t clinical enough, could have had 2 or 3 by half time.

I’m not sure I agree with that tbh - Hibs we’re miles better than Saints but I was very surprised by their lack of cutting edge in the final third. I can only think of one real chance in the first half - the volley that went miles wide - and it was much the same in the second.

It has been obvious for more than that we are lacking pace up front and lacking a striker who has presence/is a goal threat. That was abundantly clear today more than ever. How exactly do we intend to score a goal, ever? It doesn’t look likely to happen with Bair up there anyway.

Havent seen the red card back but it looked like a totally pointless challenge to make, albeit not one that merited a straight red. I don’t think the ref thought so either until the fourth official stuck his oar in. I think it does without saying that if you send off Davidson then you have to send off the Hibs guy later. I thought Lee Johnson summed it up very well at the end on the radio in terms of those decisions. The worst call of the day has to go to the foul against and booking for McPherson that led to the corner for the goal. That was an absolutely nonsensical decision.

I’m not sure I agree with that tbh - Hibs we’re miles better than Saints but I was very surprised by their lack of cutting edge in the final third. I can only think of one real chance in the first half - the volley that went miles wide - and it was much the same in the second.
It has been obvious for more than that we are lacking pace up front and lacking a striker who has presence/is a goal threat. That was abundantly clear today more than ever. How exactly do we intend to score a goal, ever? It doesn’t look likely to happen with Bair up there anyway.
Havent seen the red card back but it looked like a totally pointless challenge to make, albeit not one that merited a straight red. I don’t think the ref thought so either until the fourth official stuck his oar in. I think it does without saying that if you send off Davidson then you have to send off the Hibs guy later. I thought Lee Johnson summed it up very well at the end on the radio in terms of those decisions. The worst call of the day has to go to the foul against and booking for McPherson that led to the corner for the goal. That was an absolutely nonsensical decision.

Yeah you’re not far wrong. We weren’t clinical enough first half, Henderson missed a sitter and we could have cut back across goal for two sitter but didn’t. To be Expected when our front three haven’t played together much.

I’d also agree that if Davidsons challenge was a red our challenge was too, yous can feel hard done by for that. But we deserved to win today as we were the only team who wanted to win tbh.

5 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Yeah you’re not far wrong. We weren’t clinical enough first half, Henderson missed a sitter and we could have cut back across goal for two sitter but didn’t. To be Expected when our front three haven’t played together much.

I’d also agree that if Davidsons challenge was a red our challenge was too, yous can feel hard done by for that. But we deserved to win today as we were the only team who wanted to win tbh.

That final point is not a new one in Saints games in Davidson’s tenure. Very rarely do we look like we’re going out to win a game.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Spot on