St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

Just now, Leith Green said:

Did you forget your glasses?

Thats absolute shite.

You were playing against the worst team in the league with 10 men and scored in the last minute for  a 1 nil victory. With 1 shot on target.

What did you see, that makes it better?

ST J are fucking rank, beating them will be no big achievement for most teams this season.

26 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Can't dive about like a complete gimp and expect not to be boo'd. How he gets away with it is beyond me. 

I've seen him dive about 15 times in recent years. 

The embarrassing defence of hib from Hibs fans is astonishing. He's a massive moron. 

B86B9DC1-73E9-449F-89B6-D0B4B27CC2B4.jpeg.881a43e2cf202dd6e6728a51d20e1f5e.jpeg

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

You were playing against the worst team in the league with 10 men and scored in the last minute for  a 1 nil victory. With 1 shot on target.

ST J are fucking rank, beating them will be no big achievement for most teams this season.

Look at the match stats - as our manager is saying on the radio right now, we didnt click in front of goal, but that will come, this was 5 brand new players, and 2 who only got their work permits on Wednesday.....................

In every other area we were absolutely miles ahead - yes St J are crap, but I guarantee that every team wont come away with 3 points there.

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Look at the match stats - as our manager is saying on the radio right now, we didnt click in front of goal, but that will come, this was 5 brand new players, and 2 who only got their work permits on Wednesday.....................

In every other area we were absolutely miles ahead - yes St J are crap, but I guarantee that every team wont come away with 3 points there.

No I watch the game, stats are shite.

Maybe you will but you were no great shape today, you have 2 bomb scares at CB, as for work permits I got mind 12 years ago, still does make me a footballer.

St J will probably beat you at home, see where I'm coming from here, this is your level. You did good to scape the win.

Enjoy your win, there won't be many.

We dominated from start to finish against a team who’s main intention was to win fouls and waste time. We’ll take that every day. Played very well just weren’t clinical in final third which is to be expected when majority haven’t played together before.

2 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

We dominated from start to finish against a team who’s main intention was to win fouls and waste time. We’ll take that every day. Played very well just weren’t clinical in final third which is to be expected when majority haven’t played together before.

Better post about, but see my post above. I've no eyes for either team.

Can't dive about like a complete gimp and expect not to be boo'd. How he gets away with it is beyond me. 
I've seen him dive about 15 times in recent years. 
The embarrassing defence of hib from Hibs fans is astonishing. He's a massive moron. 

Sort of player every team would love to have, pleasing.

46 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Can't spend 90 minutes booing a player then complain that they overcelebrate when their team scores against yours!

Stop thinking so rationally. But yes, you are absolutely correct. Won’t stop it winding me up and thinking he’s a w**k

1 minute ago, GreenGray said:

Fair enough but saying we were only
Marginally better than St J is just wrong.

Ok you were much better than a shite team. Better?

Not sure where you rank on the shite teams this season, you didn't impress.

Nice enough day out for start of the season. 

Don't think I've ever seen an away team have parts of 3 different stands outside OF games, surprisingly good Hibs crowd. 

Thought we looked ok. Cabraja isn't sharp but looked like a real player, Melkerson and Youann look like 2/3s of a decent forward 3, pretty dangerous and will get better. Jair looks pretty mince so far. Midfield balance looked ok but could do with magennis or someone else more direct in there. Porto doing good as opposed to bad pantomime villain shit. There were some worrying elements of last year where we looked neat enough in possession and made some decent openings but we seem to think of we keep just hitting it across goal we'll eventually bundle one in (which tbf ended up working today). Need more quality of final ball

Think Johnson was right (and sounded less of a loser) in his interview about the two tackles, both could have gone either way, Davidson unlucky. We struggled to adjust to saints (fairly enough imo) just taking a knee at every stoppage. Going to a back three was a mistake imo, we just got filtered down the flanks and put crosses in for their back three to head away.

Saints are in for a long one. Hallberg looked decent but most of the new guys looked very poor. Carey some nice touches and deliveries, the new CH looked pretty decent and committed, and Wright was decent enough at RWB I thought. But Considine, McGowan, Murphy, Montgomery all looked pretty shite. Didn't have any saves to make but the keeper looked a bit ropey too. Can't blame Davidson for going (more) defensive after the red but looked a good opportunity to chuck Wright and Carey to wide midfield, McGowan to RB and go two banks of four. But he's clearly not gonna be doing that.

Ok you were much better than a shite team. Better?
Not sure where you rank on the shite teams this season, you didn't impress.

Yes that’s better thanks for finally admitting the truth.

Would have been Hard for any team to impress against that mob today.

Hibs don’t look great but were miles ahead of us really. Thought we were fine defensively for the most part with Considine and Mitchell having particularly good games. We restricted Hibs to 1 shot on target, but let’s be honest, other than a 5 minute spell just after half time, we were never in the match. 

The board need to put hands in pockets to bail us out with the final signings. This team will finish 12th without reinforcements.