St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

2 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

What does “ping the lids” mean

American term, literally means opening of storage jars/cans.

Think he means the players "show us what they have in their locker" to use standard manager speak.

Not an analogy I have heard used in football, but I get what he means (esp after the dogshite LC campaign etc).

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That was my point. The guy talks utter shite.

Aye, give me anodyne rentaquotes like this - 

“I suppose you can say it is a bit of a baptism of fire, there is no doubt about that, it doesn’t get much tougher, going to play the league champions on a day where there is big celebration and a party atmosphere but this is why these players have come to Scotland. We have got such a new group of players, players from different parts of Europe and the UK who have never experienced going to Celtic Park before, so they don’t have that fear of past defeats".

Martin Luther King Mlk GIF by Identity

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Aye, give me anodyne rentaquotes like this - 

“I suppose you can say it is a bit of a baptism of fire, there is no doubt about that, it doesn’t get much tougher, going to play the league champions on a day where there is big celebration and a party atmosphere but this is why these players have come to Scotland. We have got such a new group of players, players from different parts of Europe and the UK who have never experienced going to Celtic Park before, so they don’t have that fear of past defeats".

Martin Luther King Mlk GIF by Identity

I never thought you would indulge in whataboutery LG. I didn’t say that Jim Goodwin doesn’t talk pish at times, my point was that your manager talks pish all the time.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I never thought you would indulge in whataboutery LG. I didn’t say that Jim Goodwin doesn’t talk pish at times, my point was that your manager talks pish all the time.

I am happy to bring myself down to your level once or twice a season m9

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

It sounds like a threat.

Ah'll ping your lid ya c**t!

Or, alternatively…..

”Crawfy baby, ping it…ping it…oh yes, PIIIIING MYYYY FUUUCCCKKKIIINNG LIIIIIIIID”

”Alright hen, now will you ping mine?”

“You can f**k right off.”