St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

Up front is a b*****d, and Clearys departure hasn’t helped, but I feel like this might be roughly what we’ll see. Can’t see Mitchell stepping in instantly, and McGowan looked very ropey v Ayr. 

May, although he was ill I don’t think he should start, I think we’re cutting it fine for a new striker coming in in time as well…f**k it may as well let the young lad have a go.

562455B5-34D4-4A94-8035-09FC0C379194.jpeg

It'll be Murphy off the striker & MacPherson is a cert to start. Mahon a cert to not start also. 

It'll be Murphy off the striker & MacPherson is a cert to start. Mahon a cert to not start also. 

Yeah I reckon it will be:

Matthews

Wright Brown Mitchell Considine Montgomery

MacPherson Hallberg

Murphy May Carey

Carey will effectively drop into midfield tho with Murphy given the role of controlling the defence’s chest height punts.

Could see Davidson playing McGowan even tho he surely won’t be fit yet. Like everyone else on earth I’d play Bair over May too but..

14 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

How was Glenn Middleton for you last season? I expected you to snap him up after he was freed. 

He's still at Rangers with another year on his deal. 

They tried in January. I think the issue could be him not overly keen to give up his current wage with a year left and move to what the likes of Saints will offer. 

Plenty effort last season without much end product. Passionate little guy as well. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

They tried in January. I think the issue could be him not overly keen to give up his current wage with a year left and move to what the likes of Saints will offer. 

Plenty effort last season without much end product. Passionate little guy as well. 

Very frustrating player. Has the ability just doesn’t seem to click for any length of time. I guess he’ll be hanging around the top 6 for most his career.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Very frustrating player. Has the ability just doesn’t seem to click for any length of time. I guess he’ll be hanging around the top 6 for most his career.

Yeah, I dont think any of it was from the lack of application either. 

Definitely more suited to a wider role (IMO) and often struggled playing behind a striker. Especially last season when most of the time the ball was fired to him 2 feet above his head. 

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Yeah, I dont think any of it was from the lack of application either. 

Definitely more suited to a wider role (IMO) and often struggled playing behind a striker. Especially last season when most of the time the ball was fired to him 2 feet above his head. 

If the price was right you’d rather we went for him over Murphy but I think it was always a non-starter.

5 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Oh I read he had been freed, clearly duff info I should’ve checked. 

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

How was Glenn Middleton for you last season? I expected you to snap him up after he was freed. 

I know it’s not what you asked but he was utterly horrendous in his short spell at Hibs.

And in typical fashion he then went to St Johnstone and performed a lot better.

Probably reckon he’s a low premiership/high championship player rather than a top 6 player though.

17 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Agree he won't start, because that's our manager, but I think that's a mistake. He was one of the only players with any credit last time we played Hibs. 

Think I'm right in saying he was player of the year last season at Sligo  that made Motherwell look like a pub team last night. 

On 26/07/2022 at 00:04, PauloPerth said:

Love an opening game to a season. A rarity to have a home one so looking forward to it despite not having a lot of optimism for the season ahead.

Could have got a better opponent with a bigger away support, the likes of Aberdeen, United or Hearts, to make it more of an occasion, but hopefully a sunny day brings out a few more than normal for both sides.

Neither fanbase particularly optimistic, so getting off to a winning start could be vital for either team to keep the pressure at bay.

Prediction 1-1.  

Have to bite here and say this aged well with Hibs about to sell out their allocation.

50 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Have to bite here and say this aged well with Hibs about to sell out their allocation.

Great news, it’s about time.  We welcome the green pound, will go into the war chest for our new 30 goal a season centre forward…