St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

Have some pints in town. Group up with some other Hibs fans on the train cause the pubs will be dead as no many go to town before the football because it's the opposite direction from where most live. 

No2 bus up the road outside the ground. In ya go. 

0-0 and off down the road again.  

I'm grateful for all the advice and even offers of friendship on the day fellas, it's touching and appreciated.

If I ended up deciding to try and watch it on HesGoal would I have a black mark against my name in the Perthshire P&B community? 

2 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'm grateful for all the advice and even offers of friendship on the day fellas, it's touching and appreciated.

If I ended up deciding to try and watch it on HesGoal would I have a black mark against my name in the Perthshire P&B community? 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

No it would be taken for what it is. I’ll be doing the same or possibly watching the juniors

2 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

If only there was clarity in terms of the time it takes from Perth city centre to McDiarmaid Park, the piracy could have been avoided.

12 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Tam was once chased into the River Tay by Aberdeen fans back in the 90s #swimaway

80s pal, and it was up the dunkeld rd.

I'll be the first to admit I also got a bit of a kick-in from Aberdeen as well. I was a wee boy trying to fight men though, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Anyway fighting is for twats, just say no.

9 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The King James is also a timmy wee pub near The Foundry, which I’m sure you’d all enjoy very much.

Wouldn’t get places like that in the capital, only pubs dedicated to the clubs there 😎.

47 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

image.png.0476db2adc6f5e1efbe0bcf0087ac646.png

I like this team, probably too inexperienced though. Doidge in for Youan maybe.

5-0 Hibernian.

I actually really like that, whenever we've been crap in the past reverting to something of a Diamond has generally worked and the players work in those positions, with Newell and Tait having the ability to drift wider if need-be. 

Up front is a b*****d, and Clearys departure hasn’t helped, but I feel like this might be roughly what we’ll see. Can’t see Mitchell stepping in instantly, and McGowan looked very ropey v Ayr. 

May, although he was ill I don’t think he should start, I think we’re cutting it fine for a new striker coming in in time as well…f**k it may as well let the young lad have a go.

562455B5-34D4-4A94-8035-09FC0C379194.jpeg

BF195334-783C-4E51-AF32-32BE246CB1BA.thumb.jpeg.e3edbf870c1735653699f14ffc70475d.jpeg

EEN saying that Cabraja is unlikely to be ready to start for Saturday so assuming it’ll be Stevenson and as much as I don’t want Joe Newell to play I’ve resigned myself to the fact that he will.

With those two concessions the above is how I would set up on Saturday, would like another winger to come in so we’re able to move Youan into the number 9 role, McGeady looks completely finished and from what I’ve seen of Tavares I’m not convinced although I’m not writing him off I would like another option.

Edited by Les Cabbage

I'm just hopeful that if Johnson see's the opportunity to get put players on the pitch that could be conceived of as 'exciting' then he doesn't hesitate.

Case in point being last season's opener against Motherwell. Had Gogic on not having one of his better games in a game where we wanted to take it to the opposition with the relative excitement of Jake Doyle-Hayes on the bench. The latter coming on changed the game for us IMO, but perhaps from the start we may not have gone behind twice in the first place.

Seems bonkers to say now given the relatively unexciting contributions from JDH since but I'm hopeful the likes of Delfierre, Youann and Tait get the nod ASAP as I think most of us are thoroughly bored of watching the usual suspects plod along.