St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

What kind of animal takes an hour to walk from the city centre to the ground? 

Especially when he mentioned a pub with a taxi rank and bus terminal outside it.

It takes twenty minutes walking leisurely, unless you have a debilitating disease. If so, you can then just stumble out the door of the said foundry and fall into a taxi or number 1-2 bus, which both will get you to the ground.

Edited by tree house tam

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Especially when he mentioned a pub with a taxi rank and bus terminal outside it.

It takes twenty minutes walking leisurely unless you have a debilitating disease. You can then just stumble out the door of the said foundry and fall into a taxi or number 1-2 bus, which both will get you to the ground.

You must be walking at some pace. Last time I walked from the town centre it was about 40 minutes.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

It takes twenty minutes walking leisurely unless you have a debilitating disease. You can then just stumble out the door of the said foundry and fall into a taxi or number 1-2 bus, which both will get you to the ground.

In my post I mentioned that it was a taxi from The Foundry, I was then told taxis in Perth were a rarity.

I walked once before and it took the best part of an hour, I can’t remember for certain as it was about 8 years ago.

Edited by Les Cabbage

If there’s no taxis the number 1 & 2 buses run every ten minutes from directly outside the Foundry and will deposit you directly outside the stadium about ten minutes after you get on it. I mean you can walk if you’re really stuck, there’s just no need to be stuck!

15 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'm a weird guy and I've always wanted to go see St Johnstone vs Hibs away, my chance has arrived and for some reason I'm not chomping at the bit nearly as much as I thought I would be.

If I do go via Train what sort of time should I give myself to walk to the ground, or is that a foolish endeavour? Any decent boozers on route or generally? General advice welcome (including not to bother). 

You could get a taxi to the Huntingtower Hotel and you'd be welcome to join me and my chums in some pre-match canapés washed down with a pint of real ale and one or two quality single malts.  You could even arrive the night before and savour the delights of a quality hotel in the glorious Perthshire countryside.  If you take this option I will arrange for a local celebrity to join us for drinks and possibly dinner (if I can get Tam oot the fucking Grill).

55 minutes ago, The Marly said:

You could get a taxi to the Huntingtower Hotel and you'd be welcome to join me and my chums in some pre-match canapés washed down with a pint of real ale and one or two quality single malts.  You could even arrive the night before and savour the delights of a quality hotel in the glorious Perthshire countryside.  If you take this option I will arrange for a local celebrity to join us for drinks and possibly dinner (if I can get Tam oot the fucking Grill).

I was at said quality hotel last night. I personally like the touch of painting the wooden eaves at the main entrance and leaving the ones nearer the car park with paint peeling. That's a splendid touch.

I will gladly come out to the Huntingtower, for my usual appearance fee of course.

11 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

The Foundry is a decent pub (assuming it’s still there), walkable from the station, you’ll need to get a taxi to the ground though. 

Its about an hour walk from the city centre and there’s not really all that much near the ground except from a Tesco.

Get the number 2 bus right outside the Foundry straight to McDiarmid - easy

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It takes twenty minutes walking leisurely, unless you have a debilitating disease. If so, you can then just stumble out the door of the said foundry and fall into a taxi or number 1-2 bus, which both will get you to the ground.

Google maps tells me the shortest path between Perth Train station and Macdiarmid Park is 2.4 miles.

Doing that in 20 minutes has you pretty close to the 1933 world record racewalking speed (20km in 1hr 38 minutes), who would have done it just under 19 minutes at that pace. You'd also have to look like a complete tit while doing that kind of walking speed, too.

Do you think this game is at Easter Road? Are you sure you live in Perth? You've not been living in Alloa this whole time, and nobody's told you otherwise?

15 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Google maps tells me the shortest path between Perth Train station and Macdiarmid Park is 2.4 miles.

Doing that in 20 minutes has you pretty close to the 1933 world record racewalking speed (20km in 1hr 38 minutes), who would have done it just under 19 minutes at that pace. You'd also have to look like a complete tit while doing that kind of walking speed, too.

Do you think this game is at Easter Road? Are you sure you live in Perth? You've not been living in Alloa this whole time, and nobody's told you otherwise?

1933? I've seen early black and white films where folk are certainly walking quite quickly, but they seem to have slowed down by the 1930s. Maybe the first war tired them out. 

Anyway to be fair, the station isn't quite the town centre so knock off 5 mins for that. From the actual centre it's an easy half hour walk for any reasonably fit adult.

4 hours ago, Aim Here said:

If you read my post you wouldn't have felt the need to bore us with this drivel. From the foundry end of the city centre(police station for hibs fans needing a landmark) it's a leisurely stroll.

The number 2 bus even stops just outside the cells.

4 hours ago, Aim Here said:

:lol: power walking with sweat band and 118118 sticker planted on :lol: 

If you read my post you wouldn't have felt the need to bore us with this drivel. From the foundry end of the city centre(police station for hibs fans needing a landmark) it's a leisurely stroll.
The number 2 bus even stops just outside the cells.

“Leisurely” 20 min stroll my arse.

IMG_2747.jpg