St Johnstone vs Hibernian 30/07/22 - battle of the banter clubs

I'm a weird guy and I've always wanted to go see St Johnstone vs Hibs away, my chance has arrived and for some reason I'm not chomping at the bit nearly as much as I thought I would be.

If I do go via Train what sort of time should I give myself to walk to the ground, or is that a foolish endeavour? Any decent boozers on route or generally? General advice welcome (including not to bother). 

1 minute ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'm a weird guy and I've always wanted to go see St Johnstone vs Hibs away, my chance has arrived and for some reason I'm not chomping at the bit nearly as much as I thought I would be.

If I do go via Train what sort of time should I give myself to walk to the ground, or is that a foolish endeavour? Any decent boozers on route or generally? General advice welcome (including not to bother). 

Getting the train your better getting a taxi to the ground mate. 

28 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Could try hitching a ride on a combine harvester?

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Head to the Grill, then to the Kirkside, nip around to the Bee Bar then grab the number 7. Get off at the top of Newhouse road, walk down and head to the Welcome inn, then take a leisurely stroll through letham to Mcdiarmid. 

27 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Head to the Grill, then to the Kirkside, nip around to the Bee Bar then grab the number 7. Get off at the top of Newhouse road, walk down and head to the Welcome inn, then take a leisurely stroll through letham to Mcdiarmid. 

Don't listen to him. It's his attempt at a joke 😂

You'll end up stabbed/covered in old mens piss. It's a fine line in those places. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

You'll end up stabbed/covered in old mens piss. It's a fine line in those places. 

Fucking ruin my fun why don’t you!

31 minutes ago, mizfit said:

You may find some Saints fans in the Caladonian. Most pubs in Perth town centre will be dead though as it's a glorified village 😂

15 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

You'll end up stabbed/covered in old mens piss. 

And that's just during his leisurely stroll.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Mizfit kens

43 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

That's not a joke it actually sounds like a decent day out.

5 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

The Foundry is a decent pub (assuming it’s still there), walkable from the station, you’ll need to get a taxi to the ground though. 

Its about an hour walk from the city centre and there’s not really all that much near the ground except from a Tesco.

21 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The Foundry is a decent pub (assuming it’s still there), walkable from the station, you’ll need to get a taxi to the ground though. 

Its about an hour walk from the city centre and there’s not really all that much near the ground except from a Tesco.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Taxis are a bit of a rare beast around Perth these days. 

Scratch that then, apologies.

Not been to McDiarmaid Park since 2019 and hope not to go again.