Jump to content

St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022


Recommended Posts

Looked pretty classy. Wasn't sure what we were going to get, I know he was brilliant for Motherwell at times, nearer the end though he was a bit of a liability. Maybe suits him not being the captain. 
Dunne on the other hand lost all composure when you went down to 10 men. 
Has Dunne ever had composure? He's fast as f**k which gets him out of a few situations but I've genuinely never seen a professional footballer as bad with the ball at their feet.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I think he was.  Some fat kid in a shitey looking shell suit got marched out straight after the flare went off. 

 

The boys in W7 gave him a lovely send off... 

I was more interested in the game, but I thought when he was being ejected it was stewards rather than police removing him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of the multitude of ex-Motherwell players on duty, Carson and Dunne got clapped, the rest got boo’d.  Not sure if Robinson got a reaction and Keith didn’t show his face. 
No real comment on this, just what I noticed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I walked by the Motherwell fans on the way round to the West Stand yesterday. I was appalled by the length of the queue at 245pm. I complained to the police on duty that there were only two turnstiles in operation. They didn’t give a fcuk. 

I don’t see why that section needed to be closed off yesterday. I appreciate there were problems last year with pitch invasions. Better just to have a zero tolerance approach and make it clear to both sets of fans that if they invade the pitch area they will receive a life time ban.

I thought the stewarding was over zealous and unnecessary.

Will they repeat such actions when Celtic and Rangers visit? I doubt it.

After the match there was apparently some hand bags between the “Ultras”.

Three young Saints fans were caught up in the trouble who happened to be the mascots.

Why? These kids were all under 6 years of age.

What should have been a really happy experience (despite the result) only led to them being surrounded by Motherwell fans as they went to get a lift home.

It will only put off young families attending which will be the future-lifeblood of our game. 

I enjoy matches against Motherwell. It’s usually a good game with a decent atmosphere. But some of these ultras need to give themselves a shake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I walked by the Motherwell fans on the way round to the West Stand yesterday. I was appalled by the length of the queue at 245pm. I complained to the police on duty that there were only two turnstiles in operation. They didn’t give a fcuk. 

I don’t see why that section needed to be closed off yesterday. I appreciate there were problems last year with pitch invasions. Better just to have a zero tolerance approach and make it clear to both sets of fans that if they invade the pitch area they will receive a life time ban.

I thought the stewarding was over zealous and unnecessary.

Will they repeat such actions when Celtic and Rangers visit? I doubt it.

After the match there was apparently some hand bags between the “Ultras”.

Three young Saints fans were caught up in the trouble who happened to be the mascots.

Why? These kids were all under 6 years of age.

What should have been a really happy experience (despite the result) only led to them being surrounded by Motherwell fans as they went to get a lift home.

It will only put off young families attending which will be the future-lifeblood of our game. 

I enjoy matches against Motherwell. It’s usually a good game with a decent atmosphere. But some of these ultras need to give themselves a shake.

Our ultras were going to attack our car until they noticed the club badge on my polo shirt. It was a very uncomfortable moment they all wore black one had a balaclava on standing in front of my bonnet I first thought they were Well fans I was wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Our ultras were going to attack our car until they noticed the club badge on my polo shirt. It was a very uncomfortable moment they all wore black one had a balaclava on standing in front of my bonnet I first thought they were Well fans I was wrong. 

Seriously something wrong about this behaviour! At least in the 70s and 80s fighting between away fans involved those on each side who fancied a battle. 

When the original casual scene started in Scotland it mainly involved those individuals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Green Brigade started out as a group dedicated to bringing a singing area and atmosphere to an all-seated Celtic Park. A few mates of mine are Celtic ST holders and told me at first, they thought the Green Brigade idea was great, and created a focus and atmosphere that used to be in the old Parkhead ‘jungle’. They have no time for them anymore. The black garb, the banners, the politics, and, in my mate’s words - they now think they own the fcuking place and are tedious cnuts that huge swathes of the Celtic support pretty much disown.

Seems to me groups like the Motherwell Bois and our North Bank group have developed a nasty side to them, copying the Green Brigade? I witnessed a nasty side to them prior to the game. I may well be of an age where I could be classed as an ‘older fan’, and yes, I remember the days of the Dundee Shimmy pelting us with bricks over the wall of the old North Bank, and many other associated similar incidents.

I didn’t think it was ‘just lads letting off steam at the fitba’ then, and I don’t think this developing nasty side to some of these fan groups today is either. It’s a herd, in many cases, just being utter, utter cnuts. Of a claret & amber persuasion, or a black & white one. Black uniforms and balaclavas. Have a fcuking word with yourselves….and grow up. Quick.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I walked by the Motherwell fans on the way round to the West Stand yesterday. I was appalled by the length of the queue at 245pm. I complained to the police on duty that there were only two turnstiles in operation. They didn’t give a fcuk. 
I don’t see why that section needed to be closed off yesterday. I appreciate there were problems last year with pitch invasions. Better just to have a zero tolerance approach and make it clear to both sets of fans that if they invade the pitch area they will receive a life time ban.
I thought the stewarding was over zealous and unnecessary.
Will they repeat such actions when Celtic and Rangers visit? I doubt it.
After the match there was apparently some hand bags between the “Ultras”.
Three young Saints fans were caught up in the trouble who happened to be the mascots.
Why? These kids were all under 6 years of age.
What should have been a really happy experience (despite the result) only led to them being surrounded by Motherwell fans as they went to get a lift home.
It will only put off young families attending which will be the future-lifeblood of our game. 
I enjoy matches against Motherwell. It’s usually a good game with a decent atmosphere. But some of these ultras need to give themselves a shake.
It took me about 20 minutes in the queue to get in just in time for kick-off and the queue was still the full length of the stand at that point. More open turnstiles would have helped but part of the problem seemed to be stewards searching people before allowing them to the turnstiles. Plenty of stewards and police standing about so there was no reason they couldn't have worked their way down the queue a bit. They were friendly enough outside, just not very efficient.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

The Green Brigade started out as a group dedicated to bringing a singing area and atmosphere to an all-seated Celtic Park. A few mates of mine are Celtic ST holders and told me at first, they thought the Green Brigade idea was great, and created a focus and atmosphere that used to be in the old Parkhead ‘jungle’. They have no time for them anymore. The black garb, the banners, the politics, and, in my mate’s words - they now think they own the fcuking place and are tedious cnuts that huge swathes of the Celtic support pretty much disown.

If huge swathes of the Celtic support dislike them why was there a full stadium tifo yesterday funded by Celtic fans?

A lot of this ideology probably started in Italy with their ultras. Many have forced decisions on clubs and players through fan power. Often violent in nature. 

All that’s going to happen is that stewarding and policing costs will increase dramatically and more fans will be forced to stay away as they can’t afford to go.

That fixture yesterday had a lot more police on duty than normal. I seem to remember us only employing stewards as police costs were hitting the club hard. I’d hazard a guess that there were more police on duty yesterday than there was for the last ever game at Love Street which has a capacity crowd between the same teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The Green Brigade started out as a group dedicated to bringing a singing area and atmosphere to an all-seated Celtic Park. A few mates of mine are Celtic ST holders and told me at first, they thought the Green Brigade idea was great, and created a focus and atmosphere that used to be in the old Parkhead ‘jungle’. They have no time for them anymore. The black garb, the banners, the politics, and, in my mate’s words - they now think they own the fcuking place and are tedious cnuts that huge swathes of the Celtic support pretty much disown.

Seems to me groups like the Motherwell Bois and our North Bank group have developed a nasty side to them, copying the Green Brigade? I witnessed a nasty side to them prior to the game. I may well be of an age where I could be classed as an ‘older fan’, and yes, I remember the days of the Dundee Shimmy pelting us with bricks over the wall of the old North Bank, and many other associated similar incidents.

I didn’t think it was ‘just lads letting off steam at the fitba’ then, and I don’t think this developing nasty side to some of these fan groups today is either. It’s a herd, in many cases, just being utter, utter cnuts. Of a claret & amber persuasion, or a black & white one. Black uniforms and balaclavas. Have a fcuking word with yourselves….and grow up. Quick.

Our NorthBank have not gone looking for fights in past seasons. Yes you can pick moments but not gang like behavior as that's exactly what they are. Has a new group attached themselves to W7 ?  I also witnessed Arbroath fans being attacked in a much smaller scale than Sunday . So we have a problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I walked by the Motherwell fans on the way round to the West Stand yesterday. I was appalled by the length of the queue at 245pm. I complained to the police on duty that there were only two turnstiles in operation. They didn’t give a fcuk. 

 

Only opening those two gates caused the whole gathering in that one area. There were families also standing in there I was told.

Such a shoddy set up only using two gates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The previous fixture had both sets of 'Ultras' jumping the barrier to run towards each other. Yesterday there was a line of stewards in front of the Motherwell Bois but only three or four in front of the St Mirren fans. Had they scored, they'd have been across the barrier before you knew it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

If huge swathes of the Celtic support dislike them why was there a full stadium tifo yesterday funded by Celtic fans?

A lot of this ideology probably started in Italy with their ultras. Many have forced decisions on clubs and players through fan power. Often violent in nature. 

All that’s going to happen is that stewarding and policing costs will increase dramatically and more fans will be forced to stay away as they can’t afford to go.

That fixture yesterday had a lot more police on duty than normal. I seem to remember us only employing stewards as police costs were hitting the club hard. I’d hazard a guess that there were more police on duty yesterday than there was for the last ever game at Love Street which has a capacity crowd between the same teams.

Only going by what a couple of folk I know of a green & white persuasion told me. As I said, their opinion was that originally, the Green Brigade brought songs and colour to that corner, and in turn, gave a focal point for songs to spread out across the stadium. They have witnessed a change. Palestinian flags, offensive banners, black gear and facemasks, etc, etc. They have no time for that side, but it wouldn’t stop them holding up a piece of card for a bit, to join in a stadium-wide title party display.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It took me about 20 minutes in the queue to get in just in time for kick-off and the queue was still the full length of the stand at that point. More open turnstiles would have helped but part of the problem seemed to be stewards searching people before allowing them to the turnstiles. Plenty of stewards and police standing about so there was no reason they couldn't have worked their way down the queue a bit. They were friendly enough outside, just not very efficient.

You get judged by the lowest common denominator, it seems. Perhaps if you stopped bringing fucking pyrotechnics into our ground, stopped disobeying the stewards, took your seats and stopped kicking off with the police then there wouldn't be a requirement to search your fans and there would be more stewards and security to open the other turnstyles. 

 

We dont have this issue with other clubs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Only going by what a couple of folk I know of a green & white persuasion told me. As I said, their opinion was that originally, the Green Brigade brought songs and colour to that corner, and in turn, gave a focal point for songs to spread out across the stadium. They have witnessed a change. Palestinian flags, offensive banners, black gear and facemasks, etc, etc. They have no time for that side, but it wouldn’t stop them holding up a piece of card for a bit, to join in a stadium-wide title party display.

Yeah. Agreed it all started out well, but has taken a sinister route with violent demonstrations against their own club when they don’t win!

Is there not also a splinter group who broke away from the Green Brigade because they were not mental enough?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

You get judged by the lowest common denominator, it seems. Perhaps if you stopped bringing fucking pyrotechnics into our ground, stopped disobeying the stewards, took your seats and stopped kicking off with the police then there wouldn't be a requirement to search your fans and there would be more stewards and security to open the other turnstyles. 

 

We dont have this issue with other clubs. 

Searches obviously didn’t work as some c**t managed to get in with a smoke bomb / flare.

The stewarding at the new ground has been an issue from the day it opened. Too many bullied at school, pretend hard men in fluorescent jackets looking for the slightest thing to take issue with which usually exacerbates the whole situation and turns it into a clusterfuck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Our NorthBank have not gone looking for fights in past seasons. Yes you can pick moments but not gang like behavior as that's exactly what they are. Has a new group attached themselves to W7 ?  I also witnessed Arbroath fans being attacked in a much smaller scale than Sunday . So we have a problem. 

I though the St Mirren idiots we’re just as bad in the cup game last season, spent the whole game baiting the away support paying little attention to the match itself. I like the atmosphere that these groups of young lads create but my god their behaviour is nothing short of appalling, you do wonder where some of them are going to end up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:
I walked by the Motherwell fans on the way round to the West Stand yesterday. I was appalled by the length of the queue at 245pm. I complained to the police on duty that there were only two turnstiles in operation. They didn’t give a fcuk. 
I don’t see why that section needed to be closed off yesterday. I appreciate there were problems last year with pitch invasions. Better just to have a zero tolerance approach and make it clear to both sets of fans that if they invade the pitch area they will receive a life time ban.
I thought the stewarding was over zealous and unnecessary.
Will they repeat such actions when Celtic and Rangers visit? I doubt it.
After the match there was apparently some hand bags between the “Ultras”.
Three young Saints fans were caught up in the trouble who happened to be the mascots.
Why? These kids were all under 6 years of age.
What should have been a really happy experience (despite the result) only led to them being surrounded by Motherwell fans as they went to get a lift home.
It will only put off young families attending which will be the future-lifeblood of our game. 
I enjoy matches against Motherwell. It’s usually a good game with a decent atmosphere. But some of these ultras need to give themselves a shake.

It took me about 20 minutes in the queue to get in just in time for kick-off and the queue was still the full length of the stand at that point. More open turnstiles would have helped but part of the problem seemed to be stewards searching people before allowing them to the turnstiles. Plenty of stewards and police standing about so there was no reason they couldn't have worked their way down the queue a bit. They were friendly enough outside, just not very efficient.

I got searched, I was carrying two liquid containers (one was hand gel, one was a heart spray) they were in the pocket of a very light jacket.  The frisker either felt them and ignored them or didn’t care.  All seemed a waste of time but at least it wasn’t a dog sniffing me like they had a couple of years ago.

They would have got through the crowd quicker if they had opened the doors as the queue formed.

Edited by ropy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...