St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

My holiday finishes at St.Mirren, who should have took the lead before the penalty, couple blown high and wide. 2nd half saw decent crosses into the box, a few good saves, just couldn't take the chances. Motherwell looked happy enough with the one goal, proved enough.Thought the away fans standing, could have gone to the far corner where there were empty seats, think you're gonna get bits of trouble as fans don't wear colours - saw lots with balaclavas on after the game, thought it was a bit hot for that 🌞 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

I wonder if our stewards will adopt the same approach when the Union Bears or Green Brigade come to Paisley. They stand in the stadium drinking half bottles of Buckfast 10 feet away from the stewards and police and not a thing is done. The Well Bois and North Bank guys do a good job at getting an atmosphere going. I’m sure they have their fair share of clowns amongst them but at the end of the day they are young guys going to a football game, it’s not afternoon tea at The Ritz. In the grand scheme of things most of these groups are pretty well behaved. Look at the Eastern European ultras or even some of the Scandinavian fan groups, who can cause proper mayhem at the games. As long as they aren’t violent or putting anyone else in danger then let them batter in. 

What I and a mate my wife witnessed was shocking. First my appoliges to Motherwell fans. After a bit of digging have found out it was Saints fans .. Some had balaclavas on.  Stuff was thrown at Motherwell fans, They were trying to get Well fans going back to cars to fight. A loan Policeman was being threatened he was on his radio asking for assistance.  A skuffle broke out just before a mini bus of Police turned up. We Saints fans need to get this stopped.  There is a lot of great guys in W7 they have done wonders for the atmosphere.  These are new faces to me they are going to trash our clubs good name. 

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

What I and a mate my wife witnessed was shocking. First my appoliges to Motherwell fans. After a bit of digging have found out it was Saints fans .. Some had balaclavas on.  Stuff was thrown at Motherwell fans, They were trying to get Well fans going back to cars to fight. A loan Policeman was being threatened he was on his radio asking for assistance.  A skuffle broke out just before a mini bus of Police turned up. We Saints fans need to get this stopped.  There is a lot of great guys in W7 they have done wonders for the atmosphere.  These are new faces to me they are going to trash our clubs good name. 

image.gif.2ae4b73d94c9eda6e72da1969db50dc8.gif

As predicted, club in crisis, manager pumped, fans on your back, your team is shite, you can’t score in a barrel of Tory leadership candidates, you think your team will be gubbed? Relax. You’re at the SMiSA. Now, don’t get me wrong, I thought our effort was fine, the new signings looked decent, and Erhahon was our best player, and their keeper made three great saves, but, it was so, so predictable. My only regret was only sticking 50p on the fcuking inevitable. Still, got my season with Bet365 off to a winning start - unlike ours. No pleasure in it, but 1-0 Motherwell was this season’s absolute dead cert’.

47ED2FD5-AB60-4896-A867-5897C9AB1870.jpeg

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As predicted, club in crisis, manager pumped, fans on your back, your team is shite, you can’t score in a barrel of Tory leadership candidates, you think your team will be gubbed? Relax. You’re at the SMiSA. Now, don’t get me wrong, I thought our effort was fine, the new signings looked decent, and Erhahon was our best player, and their keeper made three great saves, but, it was so, so predictable. My only regret was only sticking 50p on the fcuking inevitable. Still, got my season with Bet365 off to a winning start - unlike ours. No pleasure in it, but 1-0 Motherwell was this season’s absolute dead cert’.

47ED2FD5-AB60-4896-A867-5897C9AB1870.jpeg

CEO of Bet365…

image.gif.e52b3d291ce88f11905ea0b3b24ff046.gif

Firstly, that was a sore one to take. I accept that all the potential and possession means nothing if you cant get the ball at least on target. That save from Kelly in the second half down to his left, I think from Main, was nothing short of incredible. Didn't see the first half one as my eyes aren't what they once were and at the other end of the ground.

Happy to admit I was wrong, but from where I was sitting it was nothing like a penalty, not seen it yet but several folk on here have said it was, so that's that. 

The standing at the front of the away section and refusing to take a seat is a safety hazard. As is throwing pyrotechnics, as is booting off with the polis. I think well see a fine  inbound to the Motherwell.  Be really surprised if it's not all captured on the 4th officials report. 

Well played Motherwell. It's a sair fecht. 

PS BOOOOOOOOOOO...! 

Neither Tanser nor Lamie can have any complaints, imo. Tanser waving a daft arm about is a stick on. Lamie.. f**k knows. Presumably just mistimed rather than malicious, but it wasn’t good.

We immediately looked a more energetic side, did some simpler bits and pieces, but we’re still murder at actually holding on to the ball. I remain optimistic that we’re better than we’ve been showing, but would be amazed if we troubled anything above 8th.

Fair play to St. Mirren as well, that is by some distance the baldest collection of hi viz I’ve seen in some time.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I know! I just do four correct score predictions each week at 50p a pop for a bit of fun. Remember, when the fun stops, give up your season ticket. 😜

Fair play that’s the right way to use a bookies anyway, I was only jesting. 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

Fair play that’s the right way to use a bookies anyway, I was only jesting. 

I know, and I deserve scorn for my miserly 50p stakes, and for betting against my own team, but FFS it was so certain it wasn’t true. I also got Sellik 2-0 correct. Hoovered up a total of nearly eight quid today for my two quid stake. Next week I’ll revert to my usual - my four selections won’t include St Mirren. Bet365 are quaking in their boots.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I know, and I deserve scorn for my miserly 50p stakes, and for betting against my own team, but FFS it was so certain it wasn’t true. I also got Sellik 2-0 correct. Hoovered up a total of nearly eight quid today for my two quid stake. Next week I’ll revert to my usual - my four selections won’t include St Mirren. Bet365 are quaking in their boots.

Getting two score predictions correct is actually pretty good going. You should have done a 50p double and then you would have got some half decent returns back. 

4 hours ago, SS77 said:

You are absolutely clueless. Motherwell lad got chucked out for celebrating a goal, not murdering someone.

However, if he did murder someone, he should be jailed forever and never NEVER be allowed out. Rehabilitated or not. According to our friend on here of course. 

4 hours ago, Swello said:

...the normal bit was shut...

The "normal bit" as you call it has been "shut" ever since the Motherwell wee fannies invaded the pitch during the 1-1 game last season. Your support were cunts then and you reap whaf you sow.

As for your drivel that there was only single seats left, see the post I made about half an hour after ko.

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene. The penalty was definitely the correct call. As was the red card for Lamie

Never really thought of Lamie as a dirty player, but f**k me that was a cowards challenge, two footed with studs showing. His reaction after such a horrendous challenge was that of a thug.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene. The penalty was definitely the correct call. As was the red card for Lamie

Never really thought of Lamie as a dirty player, but f**k me that was a cowards challenge, two footed with studs showing. His reaction after such a horrendous challenge was that of a thug.

Yet there was only one actual convicted thug on the park.