St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

It definitely wasn’t a bad performance from us, but it seems to be the same story every year where we just can’t convert chances in to goals. I thought there was too many aimless crosses played in to the box as well, either sailing over everyone’s head or not beating the first defender. Baccus looked tidy again but I’m hoping there is still more to come from him once he gets accustomed to the league. Erhahon had a good game as well, and I think for the first season in his career he’s close to being a player who will start every game if fit. 
Disappointing to have faced a team in such turmoil, at home on the opening game of the season and not came away with any points at all. Kelly did have a good game but it was our lack of composure in front of goal that cost us more. 
You can say occasionally there was a lack of composure but Kelly has had 2 magnificent saves. He seems to save his best for us.

1 hour ago, AdamMFC said:

Horrific tackle by Lamie. Red card all day long. Thankfully the St Mirren player is ok cause that could have been a nasty injury.

From behind the goal I could see the lunge but not the contact.  Was it a goal saving challenge?  Or needless.?

Edited by ropy

I spent most of that game thinking St MIrren were the better team and will be absolutely fine this season. Then they brought on Curtis Main to try and find a goal and I realised they might be fucked. 

8 minutes ago, CoF said:

I spent most of that game thinking St MIrren were the better team and will be absolutely fine this season. Then they brought on Curtis Main to try and find a goal and I realised they might be fucked. 

Was going to post similar.

Sigh of relief when Main came on.

We should have won that game on chances alone. Our age old problem of not taking clear cut chances comes back to haunt us again. 

Two wonder saves from Kelly won it for Motherwell. The penalty was the only time Motherwell were anywhere near creating an opening. 

I had a poor view but quite a few seem to think it was a pen. Positives were Erhahon and Baccus were really impressive but O’Hara was a passenger up until the headknock incident with Paul McGinn. 

We need a Gogic type hard b*****d in midfield to break things up and turn the ball over for us when we don’t have possession.

I don’t want to go down the road of blaming the ref, but honestly can we not produce better match officials than John Beaton, the guy is fucken inept.

Edited by glenburn bud

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

We should have won that game on chances alone. Our age old problem of not taking clear cut chances comes back to haunt us again. 

Two wonder saves from Kelly won it for Motherwell. The penalty was the only time Motherwell were anywhere near creating an opening. 

I had a poor view but quite a few seem to think it was a pen. Positives were Erhahon and Baccus were really impressive but O’Hara was a passenger up until the headknock incident with Paul McGinn. 

We need a Gogic type hard b*****d in midfield to break things up and turn the ball over for us when we don’t have possession.

I don’t want to go down the road of blaming the ref, but honestly can we not produce better match officials, the guy is fucken inept.

You're being extremely kind there, he's absolute dug shite, not just for us but everybody. 

I thought it was a penalty. Sportscene is on soon, well get a repeated look it it then.

3 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

1-0 to Motherwell at halftime, but the Paisley faithful are streets ahead in the predicted boo-athon. Some tremendous stuff coming over on the stream right from the first whistle. Chapeau.

The guys around the  camera platform are the absolute worst fans, they should listen back to themselves and have a think before going to a game again. 

1 minute ago, Lola montez said:

The guys around the  camera platform are the absolute worst fans, they should listen back to themselves and have a think before going to a game again. 

How your club hasn't had a word and offered whoever sits right in front of the commentators a move is top banter. The shouts today was classic cinch though.

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I thought it was a penalty. Sportscene is on soon, well get a repeated look it it then.

In these times, anything other than an immediate "stand at ease" hands to arse over boaby you're gonna get done.

A few seasons ago at a home game v Sellick, Craig Burley was the co-commentator. These were the days when the two cheeks got the 2 end sections of the West Stand.

Cue Burley repeatedly condemning the "bad language" of the Saints fans while saying nothing about the Sellick fans and their eulogising of murderers.

Cunt.

Hope everything's alright in every other aspect of life for the da's sitting SCREAMING right next to the commentators.

Would hate for them to get to Tesco and there's nae cornflakes and to have a meltdown again.

20 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It’s time to cut our losses with Main and give Offord a proper opportunity.

Main is just complete dug meat.

Bit harsh on Main. He is just back from injury and would have scored if Kelly hadnt been in outstanding form

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Bit harsh on Main. He is just back from injury and would have scored if Kelly hadnt been in outstanding form

He also provided one of the very few crosses into the box in the second half that found a St. Mirren head.

Main wasn't the issue today