St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The commentators on St MirrenTV must have issued about 20 appologies for the XXX language. Some auld slabber cabbage had a full 90 min heids gone beside them 

Genuinely I think some Saints fans come to shout and get out anger. I think they are slightly disappointed when we win. 

We're going to have to be on the money with our managerial appointment and with whatever additions we make before the end of the window. The early signs are that the likes of Livi and Ross County have picked up some decent prospects. We'll need a wee injection of quality if we're going to compete with them around the middle of the table, otherwise I think us and the two St.'s will be the contenders at the bottom.

Our powers that be seeing Stevie Robinson and his 6 (six) former 'Well players that took part there today, up close and personal, should put any remote notion of a return for him firmly to bed.

Positives today were that Baccus looks a great player and I thought Erhahon and Ayunga (apart from that finish in the first half) played well too. Not an amazing performance but we should have probably won.

I’m really concerned that Robinson still hasn’t filled the gaps in the squad that were there under Goodwin, we’re really short of options when Tanser (who can’t defend anyway) or Kiltie can’t play as there’s no cover.

Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

Overall that was a sore one to take.

It was a nothing block that led to the handball, there were a lot of fans around me losing their shit but from my view his arm was out at 90 degrees and it hit.  Not a lot of argument there.

And that was honestly it from Motherwell. I don't think there was another chance created at all by them. Was as big a smash and grab at our place as I can remember and we created more chances than I can recall in a home game since Robinson took charge. We could have scored 3 or 4 on another day but for a combination of really poor finishing and some genuinely breathtaking goalkeeping.

We'll perform worse this season in matches and take something from it.

I thought we were impressive at times. Baccas and Erhahon looked brilliant. Ayunga caused problems. Gallagher strolled it.

We didn't score but that was down to Kelly pulling off some worldies. The save from Main was jaw dropping.

Didn't think it was a penalty at the game but I didn't get the best view of it . It was the only way Motherwell were scoring, they won't care they've won the game and that's all that matters but they were poor.

Play like that most weeks and we'll be fine.

Hard to take that but got to look to the positives. That was miles better than LC performances and if not for Kelly (again) we would gave been deserved winners. Bacchus looks excellent and overall there were tons of positives despite the result. That said if I were a Well fan I'd be up the road thinking great 3 points as winning when so thoroughly outplayed is always a positive too.

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Queue for away stand is ridiculous. I joined it at 2.35pm and I'm not sure if I'll make it in for kick-off.

Edit: I just made it but the queue outside is still the length of the away stand.

Possibly the first time I have attempted to enter a ground an hour early but the doors were locked and I was about 50th in the queue, I think they were open by 10 past.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Now I've previously eulogised the magnificent kebab pie but opted today for the beefy bake.

20220731_143607.thumb.jpg.cd82dc0cc5ede1d56ef80997a973c4a4.jpg

First bite had no meat, in fact no meat at all in the outer crust. What meat there was is tender but grey and unappetising. £4!!! Jakey Pete will be spinning in his grave.

Kebab pie was very dry, you could see the potential but disappointing

Never should have lost that game created so many chances.  Motherwell have a nasty hooligan element following the club. Street behind the away stand . Police should arrest as many as these scum as possible then the club should ban them for life . Saints are starting to have the same problem ban these scum from attending matches before a innocent person gets hurt. 

Considering what's happened over the last few days I'll take a shit performance and 3 points any day.

Was expecting a pumping after our 2 last performances but good to see the players digging in and the fans responding. 

Certainly made a change from the toxic atmosphere in Sligo.

We can only get better.

Edited by santheman

Never should have lost that game created so many chances.  Motherwell have a nasty hooligan element following the club. Street behind the away stand . Police should arrest as many as these scum as possible then the club should ban them for life . Saints are starting to have the same problem ban these scum from attending matches before a innocent person gets hurt. 
f**k me is that your main take from today. Leave the silly wee roasters to it.

It definitely wasn’t a bad performance from us, but it seems to be the same story every year where we just can’t convert chances in to goals. I thought there was too many aimless crosses played in to the box as well, either sailing over everyone’s head or not beating the first defender. Baccus looked tidy again but I’m hoping there is still more to come from him once he gets accustomed to the league. Erhahon had a good game as well, and I think for the first season in his career he’s close to being a player who will start every game if fit. 

Disappointing to have faced a team in such turmoil, at home on the opening game of the season and not came away with any points at all. Kelly did have a good game but it was our lack of composure in front of goal that cost us more.