St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

5 minutes ago, McG said:

Worst  Motherwell team I’ve seen In a long time and we still got beat. All over them from start to finish.

Baccus is a player.

We all know that. We also know that St Mirren are still our bitches despite us being woeful.

Glorious Sunday. A deserved away win and clean sheet. 

Hope the Captain is OK. Imagine starting a season knowing it will be as shite as all the others….

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Looking forward to shitfesting 2022/23 and getting papped by Lincoln Rep Imps in a years time.

Every team has embarrassing elements among its young team and geriatrics with shite shouts. But it feels like all St Mirren’s panty wringers have signed up en mass to P&B

13 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

We are relegation fodder. We offered absolutely nothing apart from receiving a gift of a penalty.

I assume St Mirren's anger/worry comes from the general trend rather than just the 90 minutes because they dominated almost completely and could/should have had how many....three,  four goals, more? 

A mugging is always amusing but it does not bode well for the months ahead.

Enjoy the win HD. 

A new Manager and a few new players and all will b OK. My view is along the lines of we can still win despite being poor. Credit to the players and especially Kelly. Hope the Well fan that was giving him dogs abuse in Sligo has a right good look at himself 🤬

19 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Lamie remembering late on that he used to play for Morton, terrible tackle.

Three points in the bag already= time for a good old reducer. A vintage day's work from Sir Richard.

post-11540-14563682072477_thumb.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

Lamie was ridiculously aggressive going into every challenge, if Grieve’s first instant wasn’t to hit the deck he’d have probably broken him in 2 at some point. Fair play to Liam Kelly made a number of brilliant saves. Losing Tanser again killed us down the left, everything had to go down the right. I would fear for us if our go to options continue to be Tait and Flynn off the bench. 

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Enjoy the win HD. 

A new Manager and a few new players and all will b OK. My view is along the lines of we can still win despite being poor. Credit to the players and especially Kelly. Hope the Well fan that was giving him dogs abuse in Sligo has a right good look at himself 🤬

I'm thrilled we did it but bloody hell.

Philosophical question, does the team who should have won 4-1 but didn't or the team who should have lost 4-1 but didn't have more to worry about long-term? 

We have an okay squad and will be more than okay with a decent manager. A new striker would also help. Chat of relegation after winning that today is wild imo. We scored and kept a clean sheet with one day of prep post-Alexander, that’s a marked improvement on the last six months and you’d like to think we can only get better. 

We had our academy director in charge(for a day), being aided by a guy who’s only senior managerial experience was getting Albion Rovers relegated.

We’ve a lot of work to do but we’ve still got a new manager to get and several new signings to make. Until that happens, there’s little point making predictions about how our season will go.

Todays game wasn’t about performance, you can’t change things in one training session. It was about bouncing back from that shitfest on Thursday and we did.

Three points, clean sheet and away up the road. 

5 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Philosophical question, does the team who should have won 4-1 but didn't or the team who should have lost 4-1 but didn't have more to worry about long-term? 

Definitely the former, it's been the script for us since Robinson arrived, looking semi-decent but managing to snatch defeat.

30 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 0-1
Big booooo. Absolutely brutal, and not at all surprising. There wasn’t much in the game but we just didn’t do enough and we can have no complaints about the scoreline. After they went down to ten men we hardly created a chance, awful eye bleeding stuff.
That’s certainly two teams who will be in the relegation battle come May, and a home loss does not bode well for the season.
I thought all the new signings had poor games, Baccus looks very light weight and didn’t do much, Strain got in some decent positions but his end product was terrible. Carson’s kicking was shaky all game. Henderson was the only bright spark when he came on, can’t believe he doesn’t start.
Going to be a long hard season

I don't think we were brutal. We weren't great but no where near as bad as some games.

I thought Baccus was pretty good, not sure what Strain adds over Fraser though. 

The game was peak St Mirren though. Kelly was excellent but we should have been out of sight.  Both teams will be slugging it out for relegation and Kelly might be the difference.

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Reminds me of Robinson’s last season with us. Felt like we were dominating games in terms of possession and chances, but not winning. I think ultimately the team that doesn’t win points is the one that should be concerned. 

Poor game between two poor teams imo. 

Liam Kelly is a cheat code for Motherwell - some of his saves today were outstanding.  Irrespective of that though, some of St Mirren’s finishing was diabolical. I don’t know if you could even say they were unlucky over the piece because a better team would’ve been out of sight by half time. 

Always frustrating to lose a game when you’ve been the better team for most of the game, but putting that disappointment aside, I actually feel a bit of relief after that performance.  

Given our terrible performances in the league cup against lower league opponents I was worried our squad was woeful and that we’d lose comfortably against even teams like Well.  

But that performance was encouraging. Unless Well are really appalling then I think there’ll be at least 3-4 teams we can compete with.  

Edited by Bobby_F

27 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Every team has embarrassing elements among its young team and geriatrics with shite shouts. But it feels like all St Mirren’s panty wringers have signed up en mass to P&B

The commentators on St MirrenTV must have issued about 20 appologies for the XXX language. Some auld slabber cabbage had a full 90 min heids gone beside them 

21 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I mean it should probably be the team that isn't creating chances that has most to worry about but if you ride your luck and win who cares? When you start losing then you  worried. 

We should be worried that we couldn't take our chances. I accept that sometimes these things go against you and we at least created chances but that's another defeat and it's worrying start.