St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

Curtis Mains first touch goes 5 feet infront of him, second touch is a foul :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

As long as something motivates the lazy Dutch c**t to put a shift in, I'm not overly fussed what that something is.

I thought Van Veen was quite highly regarded by the Well fans? Is that not the case? Anytime I’ve seen him I’ve been quite impressed. Would certainly prefer him over Main. 

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I thought Van Veen was quite highly regarded by the Well fans? Is that not the case? Anytime I’ve seen him I’ve been quite impressed. Would certainly prefer him over Main. 

When he's good, he can be very, very good. It just doesn't happen nearly often enough - which is why he plays for Motherwell rather than Ajax, I suppose.

Curtis Main and Declan Gallagher standing over a free kick 2 yards outside the edge of the 18 yard box. I would have put my life savings on that ball not going in the net. I know Main got the shot on target, but surely we have someone in that team that’s more capable of striking a dead ball than those two. 

FT 0-1
Big booooo. Absolutely brutal, and not at all surprising. There wasn’t much in the game but we just didn’t do enough and we can have no complaints about the scoreline. After they went down to ten men we hardly created a chance, awful eye bleeding stuff.
That’s certainly two teams who will be in the relegation battle come May, and a home loss does not bode well for the season.
I thought all the new signings had poor games, Baccus looks very light weight and didn’t do much, Strain got in some decent positions but his end product was terrible. Carson’s kicking was shaky all game. Henderson was the only bright spark when he came on, can’t believe he doesn’t start.
Going to be a long hard season