St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

Well after Motherwell's frankly pathetic exit last night and the team and fans being at a low ebb and cannot buy a win or know where their goals are coming from, they have us on Sunday.

I'm sure I'm not the only St. Mirren supporter who has bought a ticket to this movie many, many times in the past. I hope I'm wrong but you can see it coming a mile off.

I'm n

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm sure I'm not the only St. Mirren supporter who has bought a ticket to this movie many, many times in the past. I hope I'm wrong but you can see it coming a mile off.

I actually think you are wrong.

Not that the scenario is far fetched, you are right; we've all seen a 'similar movie' before, but while I was uncertain due to our LC performances, we are currently head and shoulders above what was shown by Motherwell last night. Alexander even hinted at it in his interview that he sort of expects not to win this game.

If I was a St Mirren fan, Id get my mortgage on you to win on Sunday. A Motherwell team playing as bad as we currently are, with a disconnect between the manager players and fans as bad as it has been in years, coming up against an ex manager and half a dozen ex players? Ive seen that movie too!

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Well after Motherwell's frankly pathetic exit last night and the team and fans being at a low ebb and cannot buy a win or know where their goals are coming from, they have us on Sunday.

It’s just a case of how we will conspire to f**k it and make it so easy for Motherwell, like we did in April. 

Whole game will hinge on Saints getting the 1st goal. Do that and Motherwell fans will be instantly on top of their players and we "should" go on and win but it's by no means certain to pan out that way. In any game between 2 teams who haven't really hit any form the 1st goal is massive.

I think our fans will be on top of the players from kick-off rather than waiting to concede.

Assuming we don't bullet GA beforehand, we're almost hoping we don't fluke a win so we hurry up and get him out. If it were done then best quickly etc.

Bit there's little danger of that, we fundamentally don't keep clean sheets and offer nothing up front. A 2-0 home cruise and I doubt you'll get an easier three points in the 37 games to come after.

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I think our fans will be on top of the players from kick-off rather than waiting to concede.

Assuming we don't bullet GA beforehand, we're almost hoping we don't fluke a win so we hurry up and get him out. If it were done then best quickly etc.

Bit there's little danger of that, we fundamentally don't keep clean sheets and offer nothing up front. A 2-0 home cruise and I doubt you'll get an easier three points in the 37 games to come after.

They have to play us atleast 2 more times so I wouldn't guarantee that.

16 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Did we not shit the bed last season against Motherwell in the league at home where Tait fcuked up in the corner and then again with the top 6 wannabe clash at Fir Park when we meekly lay down?

You didn’t get the “never talk about that game when Tait fcuked up in the corner in the last minute against Motherwell, costing us a top 6 finish”?