St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'll answer without any snideness.

Well's average league crowd that season was around 8000. Crowd for that game was 26,709 (with hundreds, if not thousands lifted over, like myself (I was 13 at the time) or doubled up).

The 20,000 over and above your average would, of course, have included extra Well fans and neutrals but there must have been upwards of 15,000 made the trip through from Paisley.

How many fans did Saints take in the next round? 

27 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Do St Mirren fans have some sort of fetish about posting incorrect "facts" in these threads?

It's taken from Soccerbase.. https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=2475&team2_id=1734

It's in the context of the last few seasons, with the recent influx of ex-Motherwell players.

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's taken from Soccerbase.. https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=2475&team2_id=1734

It's in the context of the last few seasons, with the recent influx of ex-Motherwell players.

I guess when you have so many former motherwell players you just can't remember all of them

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I guess when you have so many former motherwell players you just can't remember all of them

Who am I missing? There's certainly been Motherwell players who scored against us in the fixture, then joined us later (almost ironically Lee Erwin got a couple), but I'm talking about ex-Motherwell players scoring for us.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Who am I missing? There's certainly been Motherwell players who scored against us in the fixture, then joined us later (almost ironically Lee Erwin got a couple), but I'm talking about ex-Motherwell players scoring for us.

That isn't what your fun fact said.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Here's a "fun fact"... the only ex-Motherwell player in the St Mirren squad to have scored, in games between the two sides, was Tait.

That goal was an own goal.

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

An ex-Motherwell player once scored 10 goals in the one game for us.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

An ex-Motherwell player once scored 10 goals in the one game for us.

I'll be honest, I'm not enough of a statto to know who that'll be!

I could have been clearer with the "fun fact" I was raising. I was looking to see if either Tait, Dunne or Erwin had scored on their 'debut' against their old team, and whether that would hint towards O'Hara doing it.

Tell you what, looking at those recent results, Devante Cole really loved a goal against us.

23 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I'm sure the 50,000 St Mirren fans in attendance enjoyed themselves.

There weren’t 50,000 Saints fans in attendance.

But there were more there that day than there have ever been Motherwell fans inside Fir Park

And if I were a Motherwell fan, I’d be mortified about that humiliating fact

Edited by Captain Saintsible

41 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

There weren’t 50,000 Saints fans in attendance.

But there were more there that day than there have ever been Motherwell fans inside Fir Park

And if I were a Motherwell fan, I’d be mortified about that humiliating fact

Have the same number of Saints fans ever attended a home game?