Scottish Junior Cup

nodmaster

9 minutes ago, Caro-Kann said:

It was a dreadful game but still glad I went along.

Got a lift late on or i wouldn't have went anywhere near it.

Imagine coming out of there looking for public transport at that time of night.

Hopefully a lesson learned by the blazers..

27 minutes ago, Caro-Kann said:

It was a dreadful game but still glad I went along.

Me too.

I only paid a fiver, and I agree it wasn't a great game. These finals are very rarely great games. I think the last "great" final might have been Pollok -v- Talbot in the early eighties.

Even given that nerves and fear of making a mistake will be a factor, I don't know what people expect from part-time players after a long season in the 6th & 7th tier of fitba which would warrant the disparaging comments about the "quality" of the game.

It happens every season that supporters of clubs from the lofty heights make snide comments, while forgetting that we've all been subjected to televised Friday games (featuring some of those clubs) which have also been absolute keech.

On 03/06/2023 at 00:52, PossilYM said:

Got a lift late on or i wouldn't have went anywhere near it.

Imagine coming out of there looking for public transport at that time of night.

Hopefully a lesson learned by the blazers..

Yeah, I went as well and the organisation was a complete disgrace to be honest, especially as the ground was only half full. If you have it on a Friday night in a stadium that the vast majority of people pretty have to drive to then at least get some basic traffic management in place.

Poor game with a daft ending, gk obviously thinking it was going wide. Both sides unable to string passes together with the ball up in the air, wasn't a bad crowd really. Bit of a walk to Croy station the best of times, sure they could have got a better venue re location etc. Would have gone if I'd been up in Scotland, is the Junior Cup going to continue into the future ?