Fantasy Football Scotland - pick your teams for 22/23!

Hi everyone! Fantasy Football Scotland is once again back for the 22/23 season. As you'll no doubt know, the Scottish Premiership season starts on Saturday, so there isn't much time left to pick your teams. We have a new site for this season (fantasyfootballscotland.com) and have made a number of other changes (including the introduction of an Expert scoring tier). Please take a look and we look forward to having you play long!

Android: https://bit.ly/FFSAndroid

iPhone: https://bit.ly/FFSiOS

Desktop: https://bit.ly/FFSbrowser

twitter3-22_23 starts here.png

Was looking forward to this, but different scoring systems for different tiers? Making a new team depending on which league you enter? What is all that about?

Good luck to you, but not for me thanks. 

23 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Was looking forward to this, but different scoring systems for different tiers? Making a new team depending on which league you enter? What is all that about?

Good luck to you, but not for me thanks. 

You've overthought and overcomplicated it, and for that reason I'm out. I've really enjoyed the last couple of years though.

Edit, obviously not you that's overthought it! @mozam76

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Could you not have an option where it’s just the same as last season?

I understand giving people the ability to have different teams, fine, but having to set up a different team for each league you’re in, then if a player gets injured you then need to sub him out multiple times for all your different teams? That’s just not manageable.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You've overthought and overcomplicated it, and for that reason I'm out. I've really enjoyed the last couple of years though.

Edit, obviously not you that's overthought it! @mozam76

I've never overthought anything in my life!

15 a side classic rules is last seasons game. Doesn’t take a lot to determine that.

Most of the anomalies have been fixed. Didn’t really see any bargains or strikers listed midfielders.

Makes it tougher but that has to be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I may be missing something but on the app I want to filter by price but wont get rid of the filter after selecting?

I found the filter by team awkward as well as all teams are selected and you have to deselect all teams except the one you want where last year you just picked the one you wanted.

10 minutes ago, Theatom said:

I found the filter by team awkward as well as all teams are selected and you have to deselect all teams except the one you want where last year you just picked the one you wanted.

The player filter is being redesigned. In the meantime, you can click the filter button again to get rid of the filter and return to the player list page.

Hold on, tried to enter a league with friends, do I need to submit a new team for everyone I'm in? Manage subs, transfers and captains every week?

Last year I was in P&B, a couple of friends ones and the Motherwell one. One team across all. I understand the two scoring systems mean it may be opportune to have different squads but I'm not managing 6 teams every week. If that's the case it needs binned.

You can use Quick Entry (look for the lightning bolt button) to replicate contests across leagues. Once you have entered, teams must be managed individually. This will allow you to have different transfers, tactics, strategies etc. across different contests! There's no need to be stuck with the same team!

58 minutes ago, fantasyfootballscotland said:

You can use Quick Entry (look for the lightning bolt button) to replicate contests across leagues. Once you have entered, teams must be managed individually. This will allow you to have different transfers, tactics, strategies etc. across different contests! There's no need to be stuck with the same team!

To me, it seems like you're presenting something as an issue when in fact it has never BEEN an issue. I've played other FF games, I'm sure you can guess which ones, for years and genuinely not once have I felt "stuck" and thought it would be a grand idea to enter a different team in all or some of the leagues I was in.

Is that something you've been asked to do by quite lot of players?  

Edited by mozam76
shite spelling

I usually start these fantasy football leagues then forget about them halfway through the season

58 minutes ago, fantasyfootballscotland said:

This will allow you to have different transfers, tactics, strategies etc. across different contests! There's no need to be stuck with the same team!

This sounds like torture

1 hour ago, fantasyfootballscotland said:

I think whatever focus group you listened to sold you a lemon.

I think you've underestimated how much time people want to spend tinkering on a weekly basis. I have no desire to make 15 subs, (3x per team, across 5x leagues) and select captains and vice captains. It just becomes repetitive and a chore.

I get the expert scoring as it rewards players who contribute more in games but are maybe cost prohibitive/not a great return in the classic scoring (thinking of Callum McGregor).

But the bright spark that suggested this was the correct direction has just overly complicated for the sake of it. You need to take the Steve Jobs approach of moving to simplify rather than adding levels of faff.

We had a public testing period over April and May with hundreds of testers involved (anyone who wanted to join testing was free to do so). With their input, we believe we have built a game that can satisfy everyone. The Classic game is still there for casual users, but there are now more options for users who desire even more of a test.

Over a year of work has gone into the new platform. It's being worked on all the time (updates to the app and site are being pushed every few days), but we're really excited about where the new direction can take us (we still haven't been able to utilise the new platform to its full potential).