2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

About what. 

Dav just doesnae like the Buckie Jags very much for some reason...😉 can't ever remember a Vale/Buckie rivalry being so much of a 'thing' back in my Viccy Park-going days tbh, although when I was a loon Keith were the team to beat in the HL...which kind of dates me a bit. 

Must admit I'd love to see Buckie win the thing but a bit of me would rather see a proper challenge in the Play Offs, which I kind of doubt Buckie will provide, given the folk on here saying they are still not keen on moving up...?!?

4 hours ago, Jimmain said:

Dav just doesnae like the Buckie Jags very much for some reason...😉 can't ever remember a Vale/Buckie rivalry being so much of a 'thing' back in my Viccy Park-going days tbh, although when I was a loon Keith were the team to beat in the HL...which kind of dates me a bit. 

Must admit I'd love to see Buckie win the thing but a bit of me would rather see a proper challenge in the Play Offs, which I kind of doubt Buckie will provide, given the folk on here saying they are still not keen on moving up...?!?

From my travels no HL team are interested in going up. They just want to knock out more HL titles, which makes a mockery of the pyramid system.

21 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Brechin have been shite for weeks. They also love the long ball to the opposition goalkeeper for 90 minutes tactic. 

Since the 22nd March , in 6 games ,  Brechin have scored 22 goals and conceded none . 

That's a pretty polished shite . 

4 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Since the 22nd March , in 6 games ,  Brechin have scored 22 goals and conceded none . 

That's a pretty polished shite . 

Buckie have just been better. It happens.

15 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

From my travels no HL team are interested in going up. They just want to knock out more HL titles, which makes a mockery of the pyramid system.

At least they're not going up to the next level with a gang of a team, pocketing the hospitality money from two visits from Dundee United, and getting relegated without winning a single league game all season. 

That would be making a mockery of the pyramid system. 

The travel thing is a complete red herring.  You'll get more prize money, more lucrative sponsorship, more gate money in League Two.  It's all relative.  They may need to hire a coach for a full day rather than a half day, otherwise what's the difference?  The players don't get home until 9/10 on a Saturday night instead of 6/7?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

At least they're not going up to the next level with a gang of a team, pocketing the hospitality money from two visits from Dundee United, and getting relegated without winning a single league game all season. 

That would be making a mockery of the pyramid system. 

I see your love in for all things Brechin is still strong. Promotion and relegation has been a thing long before the pyramid process so a moot point from you there

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

The travel thing is a complete red herring.  You'll get more prize money, more lucrative sponsorship, more gate money in League Two.  It's all relative.  They may need to hire a coach for a full day rather than a half day, otherwise what's the difference?  The players don't get home until 9/10 on a Saturday night instead of 6/7?

For Brora the other side of the equation is that the Highland League is going to become more Northeast/Tayside leaning as things play out. Lots of extra travel/costs on the horizon within the Highland without any of those benefits.

18 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

I see Buckie is taking seriously the safety and security of all fans going to the game next week.

No Police, no tickets and no segregation (will they even bother with stewards?) - should be a fun day.

I wouldn't worry, it could all be over for you tomorrow. :P Glebe Park's the only HL ground that I've ever been searched at, you lot need to chill out, police and segregation indeed! :lol:

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I'd like to know what the players at clubs like Buckie think, where the blazers and fans seem to be firmly against promotion. Young players especially you'd think would be all for it.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

I see your love in for all things Brechin is still strong. Promotion and relegation has been a thing long before the pyramid process so a moot point from you there

Winning zero games from 36 is not about promotion and relegation. It's about a 'football club' taking the piss out of the system.

Fortunately you were punished for that with unceasing failure and being emptied from the national league system, which is why you're down here, mewling about the injustice of it all. 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Winning zero games from 36 is not about promotion and relegation. It's about a 'football club' taking the piss out of the system.

Fortunately you were punished for that with unceasing failure and being emptied from the national league system, which is why you're down here, mewling about the injustice of it all. 

Whatever, we are still taking up one of your two brain cells.