2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Following the performance at Locos on Saturday, I'm quietly pleased that last night's fixture was postponed tbh.  Hopefully get a win in for a morale boost before the rearranged fixture.

Keep playing the way we have that last few games we've got no chance of winning this league can't see Buckie getting beat any time soon so that game in hand is a must win 

2 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Keep playing the way we have that last few games we've got no chance of winning this league can't see Buckie getting beat any time soon so that game in hand is a must win 

Do Buckie not still have to play Julian Wade's flying machine ?  

They could put a stick in Buckie's spokes. 

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Do Buckie not still have to play Julian Wade's flying machine ?  

They could put a stick in Buckie's spokes. 

I hope so be nice if he did us a favour. Though I think banks o dee will be well up for it on Saturday after the Buckie managers  comments. Sooner we have sparky back the better 

On 09/03/2023 at 18:29, Rossco8326 said:

I hope so be nice if he did us a favour. Though I think banks o dee will be well up for it on Saturday after the Buckie managers  comments. Sooner we have sparky back the better 

I went and unfortunately - BOD were pish. Easy win for Buckie

Aye Buckie were a cut above. Don't watch that much Highland League but they looked a really good side compared to anyone else I've seen. Helps playing on a flat surface compared to some of the tattie fields in the league but they played some cracking football and have a few very handy wee players.

2 hours ago, afca32 said:

Aye Buckie were a cut above. Don't watch that much Highland League but they looked a really good side compared to anyone else I've seen. Helps playing on a flat surface compared to some of the tattie fields in the league but they played some cracking football and have a few very handy wee players.

Careful now…it’s not popular on here to be complimentary about Buckie…

Weekend stag-do... and so my first ever Highland League match; Banks O Dee v Buckie Thistle. 

Quite a unique set up at BoD, but I quite liked it. They done themselves a favour taking an early lead as that meant Buckie had to reorganise themselves a little which took a little time to get going. Once they got going, though, was only one winner. Buckie were far better, played a lot of good stuff. 2nd goal in particular was a really well worked training ground move.

Early 2nd half penalty to make it 3-1 killed the game. Buckie had there cushion and sat back comfortably keeping BoD at arms length. 

All in, a good wee day out in the sunshine to warm up for plenty beer!

A huge win for Buckie away to Brora last night which, given their remaining fixtures compared to Brechin’s, surely makes them favourites for the title now.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

A huge win for Buckie away to Brora last night which, given their remaining fixtures compared to Brechin’s, surely makes them favourites for the title now.

Brechin were looking like favourites but I kinda fancy Buckie now. The have the points in the bag meaning Brechin can't afford to slip up in any of their games in hand. Both have tricky fixtures remaining so could well come down to the head to head between them in April.

BoD would be just 2 points behind Fraserburgh without their deduction.  A pretty good first season for them.  

That's a bad result for Buckie and takes their one hand that was on the league trophy, off IMO.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

BoD would be just 2 points behind Fraserburgh without their deduction.  A pretty good first season for them.  

That's a bad result for Buckie and takes their one hand that was on the league trophy, off IMO.

I think they'd have settled for 4 from 6 from Brora away and Rothes at home as a midweek and Saturday, but after beating Brora those were definitely points dropped.

Be interesting to see how Brechin pick up after their enforced lay-off though. Saw a couple of Brechin lads on here saying their form was wavering...maybe the weather has done them a favour after all if they can hit the ground running.