2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I thought they might when they drew with Locos but it's looking grim now. Fair chance there won't be a play off though. 

Aye, think they'll be safe enough this season as Tayport and Lochee Utd seem a bit off the pace in the Midlands League. Even were Golspie (or Fort, I suppose) to win the NCL, I'd still probably expect the Jags to win over two legs. Could be more interesting next few seasons as more licences appear in the Highland footprint.

35 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Are there any real pubs in Pitmedden? A quick google suggests there's upmarket country restaurant and an off licence with a couple of tables inside. Neither seems like it'd be ideal for a bus full of football fans.

Is there a social club/bar at the ground?

Not much in Pitmedden. There's a bar at the ground, but there'll probably be hospitality on. If you're coming on a supporters bus, you're probably better booking in somewhere else (maybe Ellon) and then heading to the ground.

Edited by Cyclizine

58 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Are there any real pubs in Pitmedden? A quick google suggests there's upmarket country restaurant and an off licence with a couple of tables inside. Neither seems like it'd be ideal for a bus full of football fans.

I usually stop in Inverurie for a pint, plenty decent sized pubs.

13 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

What kind of attendances do Fraserburgh usually get?Buzzing with that draw.

One of the better supported teams. Probably 250-300 or so for a run-of-the-mill league game. There was a decent turn out for the Stranraer game, well over 400 I'd say. I'd like to think there'd be an even better crowd for Arbroath visiting, plus hopefully a few more away fans.

23 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

One of the better supported teams. Probably 250-300 or so for a run-of-the-mill league game. There was a decent turn out for the Stranraer game, well over 400 I'd say. I'd like to think there'd be an even better crowd for Arbroath visiting, plus hopefully a few more away fans.

We should take at least 2-300 I think. Should be a great cup tie

On 24/10/2022 at 17:56, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

We usually stop at the Newmachar Hotel  if coming off the AWPR  .   About 10/15 minutes away from Pitmedden.