2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

On 03/09/2022 at 21:14, craigiemack said:

What are Formartine like nowadays? Losing 1-0 to Keith is surely a bit of a shocker? We play them in the scottish in a few weeks, wondering if we have a chance haha.

Decent but had a lot out on Sat, only 3 young lads on the bench (20 & under)

Also this from one of football's true adventurers, before the previous manager's spell last season at Fort William he was working with a Mongolian side.

Iftikhar is now technical director at Bhutanese club Thimphu City, based in Thimphu.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish/4758457/managerial-moves-at-fort-william-as-chris-baffour-is-no-longer-in-charge/

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that Buckie Thistle drew Linfield in the Challenge Cup. I know it’s considered a diddy cup at these early stages but that’s a bit of a glamour tie for Buckie. Would be hilarious if they beat Linfield but I suspect Linfield would progress with relative ease.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Just noticed that Buckie Thistle drew Linfield in the Challenge Cup. I know it’s considered a diddy cup at these early stages but that’s a bit of a glamour tie for Buckie. Would be hilarious if they beat Linfield but I suspect Linfield would progress with relative ease.

A team in green and white hoops playing Linfield. What could possibly go wrong?

Linfield bottled it big time recently against the Latvian club Hearts have in their Conference League group. Should have been playing in Europe during the groups stages but are headed instead to Buckie. Guess that maybe means they are more likely to field their strongest possible team for this one.