2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

4 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

If you’re going to discuss Buckie online, you’ve to ask Buckie permission first. :lol:

He started another thread about some Buckie committee member but it's been deleted, in case you were wondering what I was on about.. :)

Early days but so far it's looking like the bottom side (cough...strathy) won't have anything to worry about, with none of the 3 qualifying tier 6 sides looking like contending for their Championships. 

Edited by welshbairn

On 31/08/2022 at 15:56, welshbairn said:

Early days but so far it's looking like the bottom side (cough...strathy) won't have anything to worry about, with none of the 3 qualifying tier 6 sides looking like contending for their Championships. 

Golspie have played one game and won it* - seems a bit early to be ruling them out, surely?

Wait until they've dropped some points before declaring them out of the running, at least!

*Yeah, I know who it was against...

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If I was a Lossie fan , I'd be more concerned that he made more of a fuss about the catering than what was  happening on the park .

What happened on the park was Brechin scored fewer than Buckie or Fraserburgh, so I dare say he wasn't too bothered at all. :lol:

17 hours ago, craigiemack said:

What are Formartine like nowadays? Losing 1-0 to Keith is surely a bit of a shocker? We play them in the scottish in a few weeks, wondering if we have a chance haha.

Started the season well, I don't think anyone expected that result despite them having a few players missing. Might be a struggle for you if their full squad is available, I see you haven't won a game yet this season but some draws against good opposition, maybe a decent chance for penalties?

Edited by welshbairn

27 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

A pretty bizarre attitude I must say.

Games against Brechin are of no relevance to Lossie other than a benchmarking exercise to compare performances, fitness, attitudes, and to get game time in the legs of players for more important games. Worked, too, going by yesterday.