Dundee vs Falkirk - League Cup 2nd round

54 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

What’s the script with getting tickets for the away end? There’s no chance I’ll be able to pick tickets up at our club shop between 8-4.

I know a few people in this position. Seems mental to not have a cash turnstile option for a 3k stand we're going to fill 50% of tops 

18 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

To anyone who is bothered, please consider joining the ever-growing support group already consisting of Partick, Arbroath and Queen's Park fans.

Hell, maybe together you all could just about fill the Shankly.

We've got a cash gate now so no need. Thank you 

I've got a free night thanks to Jim McIntyre and his inability to manage a football team so I'm making the trip down to Dens tonight to watch this one tonight. 

Expecting a fairly even game. McGlynn has got to be best equipped manager for a few years to turn things around for the Bairns, already some green shoots happening along with a couple players brought in that Championship clubs would have taken. 

Dundee looked free flowing and very potent in attack against Arbroath a few weeks ago but have shipped a few goals in the opening 5 games. Hoping that Mulligan gets a start and wouldn't mind seeing Finlay Robertson in a Dundee shirt. Both formerly loaned to Cove.  Niall McGinn seems to have been frozen out, likely to play tonight? 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Niall McGinn seems to have been frozen out, likely to play tonight? 

A few of us suspect Bowyer would rather use his (presumably large) wage elsewhere and so he hasn't featured in a while. Wouldn't expect to see him tonight but with McCowan out, we'll see.

Would love to get on the wind up pre-game but truth is I can see this being similar to the Ayr game if we're not careful/make the same mistakes. Don't expect us to keep a clean sheet so it will be interesting terrifying to see what happens if we concede, as that was a real issue last Friday.

Hoping being at Dens helps us, we seem to find scoring there easier.

Has it really been 6 years since we last played Falkirk?!

Well... we were promised changes. Three CBs, maybe a 3-5-2 with Cameron up front alongside Robinson? Still no Legzdins in the goal... this'll certainly be curious, though I'm not convinced we'll win the midfield battle right now even with Stephen McGinn out.

No Rudden in the squad, wonder if he's one of those "one or two" whom suffered knocks on Friday. Shows just how light we are up front rn.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I get the financials (and let's face it, if we don't want a cup run we're deluding ourselves) but nevertheless, I'm not convinced it even weakens the team to start Lawal and Burrell, so I would have liked to see it tonight in order to give them minutes and ultimately strengthen the options.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, The Derry said:
If Sean Mackie is on the winning team tonight shut this club down for good.  

Hes been pretty solid for us, with a uncharacteristically below par performance on Saturday.

He's definitely in with a shout of being captain in our worst eleven of the past decade.