1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’m absolutely despising the rovers, a truly stinking watch from our point of view. 
We’re slow, devoid of any cutting edge and can’t defend. 
We’ll look pretty from time to time in the middle of the park sand-dancing our way to achieving absolutely nothing.

New signings didn’t stand out so not a clue what Murray has taken all this time for. Wish we could have someone like Megginson, the boy only needs a sniff and he’s in. 

Shambles.

Absolute gifts for him today. It was a terrible defeat mostly because Cove are pretty fucking shite.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Problems are systemic. It's not just losing a goal. Its not being able to get back into a game.

Sorely missing Mathews and Spencer in there, Connell seems to have seen a lot if the ball but done nothing with it, is he really the answer

Connell might well be fine, but we need to find a way to give our strikers chances. He had one today that he wasted, but you can't only give him one (and Gullan nothing) and expect results. You've got Connolly, Ross and Easton across that midfield and you can't create chances? As Renton says, that's a systemic issue. 

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Sorely missing Mathews and Spencer in there, Connell seems to have seen a lot if the ball but done nothing with it, is he really the answer

He missed a bit of a sitter. Otherwise was busy and did what he should be doing. If Murray wants an aggressive pressing side it needs to come from the whole side, and not give soft as shit goals away. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Connell might well be fine, but we need to find a way to give our strikers chances. He had one today that he wasted, but you can't only give him one (and Gullan nothing) and expect results. You've got Connolly, Ross and Easton across that midfield and you can't create chances? As Renton says, that's a systemic issue. 

Issue with a so called 4-1-3-2 formation. There is a lot depending on that defensive hinge between the CBs and the "1" sitting. As I said, happy to never see Stanton again.

7 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’m absolutely despising the rovers, a truly stinking watch from our point of view. 
We’re slow, devoid of any cutting edge and can’t defend. 
We’ll look pretty from time to time in the middle of the park sand-dancing our way to achieving absolutely nothing.

New signings didn’t stand out so not a clue what Murray has taken all this time for. Wish we could have someone like Megginson, the boy only needs a sniff and he’s in. 

Shambles.

We had Megginson before and got rid cos he wasn’t good enough , Look how far we have went back , Rovers are penny pinching because signing players with no championship pedigree come on Rovers 

1 minute ago, renton said:

Issue with a so called 4-1-3-2 formation. There is a lot depending on that defensive hinge between the CBs and the "1" sitting. As I said, happy to never see Stanton again.

He seems to have been way off it since even the friendly games

It's really, really difficult to retain any positivity after that.  I don't think Cove look great at all, which is concerning.

First half we saw a load of the ball, but didn't have anything in the final 3rd.  Some speculative shots that required good goal keeping or the woodwork to stop, but absolutely nothing from the strikers 

Terrible defending for both goals, especially the 2nd. 

We were still trying to pass the ball around with 2 minutes to go, as there are zero options for any kind of direct ball.

This team appears set up to try and pass its way to goal, but in thr 4 out of 5 games we haven't been able to do that we have come up short.

It may come together, but we are fundamentally lacking in the areas that matter. 

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

He seems to have been way off it since even the friendly games

Honestly, he's been way off of it since he signed. A tidy ball player but not an effective footballer.

On the plus side, Nolan looked absolutely fine.

I don't want to sound all Gordon Strachan about genetics,  but there is a real lack of physicality in that side.  Cove absolutely bullied us.

Thought we played ok in general in the first half. Just didn’t go our way.  first game o the season. Remember we where solid top 3 before goodwillie gate. Am a c**t but a optimistic one.  f**k being pessimistic aw the time, uz all must be great husbands and boyfriends 😅

10 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Thought we played ok in general in the first half. Just didn’t go our way.  first game o the season. Remember we where solid top 3 before goodwillie gate. Am a c**t but a optimistic one.  f**k being pessimistic aw the time, uz all must be great husbands and boyfriends 😅

I'll be optimistic when I see something worth being optimistic about. In the meantime I'm going for being blind drunk.

Edited by renton

16 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Dylan Easton doesn’t work in a 4.

He's not made much of a difference, wonder if he'll get selected over Rossco & Spencer when they return, I suspect he will.

John McGlynn slowly assembled a side that played possession football, IM doesn't want that and looks like he's rapidly dismantling it, so in the mean time....

We're fucked!

Edited by Scottydog