42 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Confirmed that Blair Yule, our energetic box to box midfielder misses out for tomorrow.

Gourlay likely to start in goal.

15 man matchday squad including sub goalkeeper. Outfield Subs likely Masson, McIntosh and McDonagh

No likelihood of you bringing anyone in? I read McAllister's comments after leaving, how do you feel about that as a Cove fan?

We now at least have some options, although how many of the new signings Murray is prepared to gamble on throwing into the starting line up is debatable.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No likelihood of you bringing anyone in? I read McAllister's comments after leaving, how do you feel about that as a Cove fan?

We now at least have some options, although how many of the new signings Murray is prepared to gamble on throwing into the starting line up is debatable.

Got a link to what McAllister said?

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Got a link to what McAllister said?

“I had a holiday booked in September with the family because I wasn’t able to get away before this because of work commitments.

“We just had a baby at the end of March and there were also passport issues.

“I offered to fly home early from the holiday and not miss the game but that wasn’t good enough.

“I tried to compromise. I also wasn’t playing and I don’t know if that was a reason.

“I felt I did well for Cove whenever I played.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

None. I know we've missed out on a couple of wingers fairly last minute over the last 2-3 weeks. Unsure who the supposed 2 targets we were supposed to take in this week.

Mismanagement or poor man management is how I see the Rory situation. McIntyre isn't endearing himself with the fans so far and starting Gourlay tomorrow will exasperated it further.

See you guys have taken in 3. Kyle Connell has scored a couple against us for East Fife. Fairly quick and naturally a good finisher. Tough playing in a struggling EF side. Thought he'd get a chance in thE Championship this year.

Don't know what to expect from tomorrow 

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

None. I know we've missed out on a couple of wingers fairly last minute over the last 2-3 weeks. Unsure who the supposed 2 targets we were supposed to take in this week.

Mismanagement or poor man management is how I see the Rory situation. McIntyre isn't endearing himself with the fans so far and starting Gourlay tomorrow will exasperated it further.

See you guys have taken in 3. Kyle Connell has scored a couple against us for East Fife. Fairly quick and naturally a good finisher. Tough playing in a struggling EF side. Thought he'd get a chance in thE Championship this year.

Don't know what to expect from tomorrow 

Yeah my thought as an outsider looking in is that McIntyre has used the situation to throw his weight around early on and 'show everyone who the boss is'. 

A bold move and one that could backfire spectacularly. 

7 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Anyone able to advise if there’s Taxis after the game or easiest way to get back to city centre?

thanks

Morning. First day of the league today - exciting 🙂 

Will be interesting to see the attendance today. Rain forecast, so won’t be too high: maybe 1,000 - 1,200  

Getting back to city centre should be pretty easy. Walking takes ~45 mins. Bus (3/3A from Shell garage roundabout ) takes ~15 mins  

If no taxis at ground, try calling Rainbow Taxis (01224 878787) or Central (01224 890089), cost ~£10, but should be easily available.

Hope it’s a good game.

37 minutes ago, Geoffs Assistant said:

Morning. First day of the league today - exciting 🙂 

Will be interesting to see the attendance today. Rain forecast, so won’t be too high: maybe 1,000 - 1,200  

Getting back to city centre should be pretty easy. Walking takes ~45 mins. Bus (3/3A from Shell garage roundabout ) takes ~15 mins  

If no taxis at ground, try calling Rainbow Taxis (01224 878787) or Central (01224 890089), cost ~£10, but should be easily available.

Hope it’s a good game.

Morning and thanks very much.

Cove ain't lost on the opening day of the league season since the start of the 2011/12 campaign, when they lost at Buckie. Ominously, that was on Saturday, July 30th, 2011. 

Their last seven seasons in the SHFL saw the win five curtain raisers and draw two, and since joining The Small Leagues they're P3, W2, D1, getting the better of Edinburgh City and East Fife, and drawing with Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Where’s the Best place to park ? Thanks in advance 

Just head to Wellington Circle.  Get there early and park on the road, or there are a few office / industrial units right next to the ground which people use to park on matchdays (the businesses seem to be shut at the weekend).  There's probably enough parking there to accommodate a normal crowd.  Other than that you could try the Pure Gym / Ikea car park but you might have a bit of a wait to get out after the match.  

Edited by resk
grammar