Saturday see's the return of the league campaign and, although we've barely begun strengthening our squad, it'll be a momentous occasion to be playing in the Championship. Just over 3 years ago we won the HL at Forres.

McIntyre expecting two new recruits before the game. Depending upon who they are will change our lineup and my optimism for a positive result. Currently we're too pedestrian for my liking but have talent and experience in the squad to get results.

I like the midfield options that Raith have. Easton and Brown are strong additions to go with Stanton, Ross, Connolly, Matthews, Spencer. Clearly looking to strengthen up top and at the back. I rate Ian Murray and think he'll plug those gaps well.

Away to watch (on tv) how Raith fair against a very much changed Aberdeen side compared to last year.

Here we go, with the Rovers stumbling and bumbling in the recruitment area, and possibly looking to enter this match with a patched together back line and the striking power of a 7 stone weakling…

11 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I like the midfield options that Raith have. Easton and Brown are strong additions to go with Stanton, Ross, Connolly, Matthews, Spencer. Clearly looking to strengthen up top and at the back. I rate Ian Murray and think he'll plug those gaps well.

Fixed that for you…

11 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Away to watch (on tv) how Raith fair against a very much changed Aberdeen side compared to last year.

Surely that really put the fear up ya, eh?

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll have no new additions in for this. 

Hopefully MacDonald will be back because I think we'll need him with Brown and Berra in defence. 

I would take a draw given our current squad issues. 

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Here we go, with the Rovers stumbling and bumbling in the recruitment area, and possibly looking to enter this match with a patched together back line and the striking power of a 7 stone weakling…

Fixed that for you…

Surely that really put the fear up ya, eh?

Our transfer activity so far has been equally as poor, probably worse. I know you've lost Bene, Musonda, Tumilty and MacKay across the back and not replaced yet but at least have taken in 2/3 strong additions.

Thought Rovers looked quite good on the ball especially first half and created chances but no one is there to take them! Sucker punched with the timing of the goals which took a lot of steam out of the game.

Both clubs got work to do this week. Let's see what happens.

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Our transfer activity so far has been equally as poor, probably worse. I know you've lost Bene, Musonda, Tumilty and MacKay across the back and not replaced yet but at least have taken in 2/3 strong additions.

Thought Rovers looked quite good on the ball especially first half and created chances but no one is there to take them! Sucker punched with the timing of the goals which took a lot of steam out of the game.

I think the momentum will be with Cove. If we can’t get the signings or lack of through the door then we’re in trouble. We need MacDonald back in goals because Thomson is a liability 

54 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I think the momentum will be with Cove. If we can’t get the signings or lack of through the door then we’re in trouble. We need MacDonald back in goals because Thomson is a liability 

Must be hellish being you.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

It could well be that whoever comes out of this week best in the transfer market wins the match.

A strange state of affairs for both clubs to be in at this stage of the season.

Would take a draw here, even if we do manage to get at least one of the centre backs we need along with the striker, it’s unlikely they will be at their best immediately. I do still think we have the basis of a good squad but I think the first few games will be damage limitation until the we get the new signings we need added and settled into the squad as well as some of the injuries back.

Cove had a difficult time of it in their League Cup group which is to be expected with a new manager and waiting on a few signings (same as us) but had a decent result at the weekend and Saturday will be a big day for the club with their first match as a Championship side. Traditionally the League One champions start the season well, the last League One winners to lose their first home game of the season were Rangers back in 2014.

Will go for a 1-1 draw but wouldn’t surprise me if we lost. Hopefully we can put up a better fight than our last couple of visits to Cove at least!

3 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Would take a draw here, even if we do manage to get at least one of the centre backs we need along with the striker, it’s unlikely they will be at their best immediately. I do still think we have the basis of a good squad but I think the first few games will be damage limitation until the we get the new signings we need added and settled into the squad as well as some of the injuries back.

Cove had a difficult time of it in their League Cup group which is to be expected with a new manager and waiting on a few signings (same as us) but had a decent result at the weekend and Saturday will be a big day for the club with their first match as a Championship side. Traditionally the League One champions start the season well, the last League One winners to lose their first home game of the season were Rangers back in 2014.

Will go for a 1-1 draw but wouldn’t surprise me if we lost. Hopefully we can put up a better fight than our last couple of visits to Cove at least!

Raith definitely have the basis of a good squad. A few quality additions and you should be pushing hard for a playoff place like last season. Was surprised with the draws against Dumbarton and Stirling Albion in the LC stages which ended up the difference between going through or not.

Cove's LC campaign was disappointing but not unexpected. Barely begun recruitment and in a transition phase with a manager which wasn't many fans first choice. What we're lacking is some dynamism and creativity in the middle and wide areas which is what you are more blessed with.

We have experience in the starting XI who know how to get results but far from the finished article.

What Livi, and more so, Kelty did against us was counter attack when we over committed going forward. Feel Raith have the ability to outrun our midfield so need to be mindful of that. Think we played with two sitting defensive midfielders against Caley which made us harder to beat.

7 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Precisely, if we can’t get the signings in before this game and subsequent games then we need to look to shitfest our way to draws. No I’m not being a fud for a change. 

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Raith definitely have the basis of a good squad. A few quality additions and you should be pushing hard for a playoff place like last season. Was surprised with the draws against Dumbarton and Stirling Albion in the LC stages which ended up the difference between going through or not.

Cove's LC campaign was disappointing but not unexpected. Barely begun recruitment and in a transition phase with a manager which wasn't many fans first choice. What we're lacking is some dynamism and creativity in the middle and wide areas which is what you are more blessed with.

We have experience in the starting XI who know how to get results but far from the finished article.

What Livi, and more so, Kelty did against us was counter attack when we over committed going forward. Feel Raith have the ability to outrun our midfield so need to be mindful of that. Think we played with two sitting defensive midfielders against Caley which made us harder to beat.

At least you guys have shit tons of cash to strengthen if you need to. If you’ve got that behind you then fair play. 

Trains are likely to be fun on Saturday with no LNER service at all. Sure we can rely on good old Scotrail though...

Is there any cover on the terracing at ground? I see it's £18, or £20 for stand, and tickets are available online. 

1 minute ago, Craigus said:

Trains are likely to be fun on Saturday with no LNER service at all. Sure we can rely on good old Scotrail though...

Is there any cover on the terracing at ground? I see it's £18, or £20 for stand, and tickets are available online. 

Is there that much LNER services northbound at that time anyway?

There is a small amount of cover on the terracing.

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Is there that much LNER services northbound at that time anyway?

There is a small amount of cover on the terracing.

Yes, coming from Edinburgh so booked a cheap LNER advance fare that's now been refunded.

Let's hope the rain stays off