QoS vs Clyde

It ended up being your steward that had a word in his ear from the supervisor/on day manager. I watched the whole thing unfold and yes, the Clyde lad shouldn't have been goading the home support but that's what happened when full segregation isn't adhered to by process or stewards. No one can sit in here and say fans of both ends weren't giving it to each other verbally throughout - that's football unfortunately, bit of back and forth.
The Clyde fan was also let back into the stadium after the stewarding supervisor was informed.
For what it's worth, I tried to have a calm chat with the steward involved after it and he seemed to be an absolute w**k. "Have you been on a course? I've been on a course" etc. Threatening to chuck me out for asking why he felt it necessary to put his hands on someone after a couple of seconds of back and forth with a fan.
I empathise with the situation though, we've had terrible stewards at Broadwood in the past.

Dress it up however you like, he should have been thrown out. As I say, a quick "get it up ye" to our fans and nothing would have come of it. Instead, the fanny decided to stand there offering folk out for a fight which he seemed more interested in than the actual football.

The steward supervisor clearly didn't see it unfold or he wouldn't have let him back in. Banter at football is part and parcel, threatening behaviour shouldn't be acceptable. And FWIW, he was given more than one chance to f**k off back to his seat before one steward had enough and chucked him.

On 02/08/2022 at 15:01, Cutty Sark said:

It ended up being your steward that had a word in his ear from the supervisor/on day manager. I watched the whole thing unfold and yes, the Clyde lad shouldn't have been goading the home support but that's what happened when full segregation isn't adhered to by process or stewards. No one can sit in here and say fans of both ends weren't giving it to each other verbally throughout - that's football unfortunately, bit of back and forth.

The Clyde fan was also let back into the stadium after the stewarding supervisor was informed.

For what it's worth, I tried to have a calm chat with the steward involved after it and he seemed to be an absolute w**k. "Have you been on a course? I've been on a course" etc. Threatening to chuck me out for asking why he felt it necessary to put his hands on someone after a couple of seconds of back and forth with a fan.

I empathise with the situation though, we've had terrible stewards at Broadwood in the past.

Stewarding certainly to blame as the Clyde fan should never have been allowed to run in front of the Queens support when Clyde scored their second and should have been immediately removed back to where he came however the stewards initially did nothing and the yob continued to goad the Queens support until their attention was drawn to the situation. Stewards did their best to ignore the situation until it was getting out of hand and the protests from the home support forced them to act then the yob kicked off. Should have never got to this point especially if we had professional stewards or even better police.

Edited by mwwqos321
Format

Or segregation
That is literally the solution. This has happened before at Palmerston. We played St Johnstone a few seasons back and two Saints fans got all the way round into our terrace and started fighting. The solution to that problem was to put stewards between the stands; not between the home and away fans.

I understand they away fans were using the food stall that was shared but this shit needs done away with and the away food stand should be open every game with segregation before something really serious happens. The outcome could have been a lot worse the other day.

I was in the Oakbank Terrace and I don't think I actually noticed any police presence at the game, something that might be a regular occurrence if matches in L1 are deemed to be low category events. Are we still using Croma Vigilant Security?