QoS vs Clyde

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lol wut? Delusional to think we have a chance of promotion? Have you had a look around the division?

As I have said, Clyde thoroughly deserved their win today and were comfortably the better side but I think you need to settle down a wee bit. We still have a squad capable of challenging at the top end. Josh Todd, Iain Wilson, Gavin Reilly (and to a lesser extent Euan East) are players who never started today who will be key players for us when they're up to speed. 4 players that would comfortably find a job in the league above as well. We clearly have a problem with depth but if we can get our players up to speed before a side runs away with the division then I expect we'll still be challenging come the end of the season.

As bad as that was from a QoS perspective today I don't think one result has "confirmed" we won't be up at the top end of the table come May. I'll hold off until we've at least played everyone before I start panicking.

Wind yer neck in. We pumped you's rotten without breaking a sweat so show a bit of humility in defeat. I look forward to seeing you lot "get up to speed". When do you expect this will happen?

For the record, I don't think this Clyde squad are quite up to speed despite today's masterclass. I see room for improvement and think there's a lot more to come. The Clyde are back. Get it right up the lot of ye's!

I'm not religious but if I was I'd worship the deity that is Danny Lennon. Clyde fans have suffered a lot in recent years but today and tonight is ours. Enjoy it.

Wind yer neck in. We pumped you's rotten without breaking a sweat so show a bit of humility in defeat. I look forward to seeing you lot "get up to speed". When do you expect this will happen?
For the record, I don't think this Clyde squad are quite up to speed despite today's masterclass. I see room for improvement and think there's a lot more to come. The Clyde are back. Get it right up the lot of ye's!
I'm not religious but if I was I'd worship the deity that is Danny Lennon. Clyde fans have suffered a lot in recent years but today and tonight is ours. Enjoy it.

7c36d9cdd7bc427782dd6d77becf3ea1.gif

29 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Up to speed or not I’d be wary of getting too excited about a win at Palmerston. Other than Ayr United it’s pretty much been every teams favourite away ground for quite some time now. 

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Up to speed or not I’d be wary of getting too excited about a win at Palmerston. Other than Ayr United it’s pretty much been every teams favourite away ground for quite some time now. 

If that being the case I wouldn’t expect Queens to be anywhere near promotion unless that changes, any successful season is built upon a strong home record. 

Really enjoyed that yesterday. I absolutely loved Olly McDonald too, he would not shut up and never gave the Queens defence a minutes peace. It was rough but fairly refreshing to see Danny immediately take off Hendji rather than stick with him. Roddan must be way out the picture now he’s turned PK into a left back.

One sour note though was seeing a bunch of weird middle aged men that have watched Football Factory one too many times, usual suspects. Seen one guy try and square up a boy in a wheelchair, so that was fairly embarrassing.

Would like to see that first goal again. McKechnie came off the bench and took position on the post yet decided to f**k off leaving the post open. If he had stayed there he'd have comfortably cleared it away. No idea where he went.

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would like to see that first goal again. McKechnie came off the bench and took position on the post yet decided to f**k off leaving the post open. If he had stayed there he'd have comfortably cleared it away. No idea where he went.

Think we’re putting the goals up at midday.

It’s very early days, so there’s always the element of surprise, but Olly McDonald looked brilliant on those highlights. A fantastic finish for the goal and nice work for the second. Duthie looked very impressive too. Well done Neil Parry for a cracking penalty save as well. Certainly looked like it was a great day out!

Pathetic. Utterly utterly pathetic. Again, take nothing away from Clyde, 4-1 flattered us if anyone but 4 completely preventable goals from our point of view.

1st - Again, why the f**k did McKechnie leave the post? The danger clearly wasn't gone and he never left for a valid reason. Stay where you are ffs and that's a simple clearance. Paton completely loses his man as well.

2nd - Called it the minute Clyde broke. It felt like everyone around me was shouting what was coming yet McKay and Quitongo failed to pick up the man at the back post. McKay more to blame as there was absolutely no reason why he couldn't come across to mark him instead of ball-watching with no one near him. Quitongo taking his foot off the pedal on his tracking back pissed me off as well.

3rd - Complete clusterfuck. Shit clearance by McKenna, Cochrane brushed off the ball, and the backline utterly clueless positionally.

4th - McKenna allowing the boy all the time in the world to pick his spot. Currie suspect as well.

Had calmed down a bit today but those goals have really set me off again. Get Gibson to RB and East at LB next week ffs.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:I'll hold off until we've at least played everyone before I start panicking.

As a Clyde fan I won’t be getting carried away with one good result and performance

Have always said the time to look at things will be after the first 1/4 of the season has been played out 

As a Clyde fan I won’t be getting carried away with one good result and performance
Have always said the time to look at things will be after the first 1/4 of the season has been played out 
Indeed. As I said already, I'll start panicking from a QoS point of view if we're sitting down the table after the first round of fixtures.

From a Clyde point of view, although I doubt you'll get a game against such a soft side for the rest of the season, if that intensity can be carried throughout the season you won't be anywhere near the bottom three.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pathetic. Utterly utterly pathetic. Again, take nothing away from Clyde, 4-1 flattered us if anyone but 4 completely preventable goals from our point of view.

1st - Again, why the f**k did McKechnie leave the post? The danger clearly wasn't gone and he never left for a valid reason. Stay where you are ffs and that's a simple clearance. Paton completely loses his man as well.

2nd - Called it the minute Clyde broke. It felt like everyone around me was shouting what was coming yet McKay and Quitongo failed to pick up the man at the back post. McKay more to blame as there was absolutely no reason why he couldn't come across to mark him instead of ball-watching with no one near him. Quitongo taking his foot off the pedal on his tracking back pissed me off as well.

3rd - Complete clusterfuck. Shit clearance by McKenna, Cochrane brushed off the ball, and the backline utterly clueless positionally.

4th - McKenna allowing the boy all the time in the world to pick his spot. Currie suspect as well.

Had calmed down a bit today but those goals have really set me off again. Get Gibson to RB and East at LB next week ffs.

The other option I thought was -

Muir at right back

one of the McKays probably Dave but on the right hand side please as he was all over the place at times. 

East left centre back preferably but if sticks with the two McKays then would like East at left back. 

Gibson at left back. Yes it’s far from ideal but I think I would want Willie on the park, he looked lost in centre mid so has to be right or left back for me. He actually filled in quite well at left back last season when needed. 

We badly need a right winger and probably another central midfielder with some more grit. Wilson will help but will he be fit for majority of the season ? Cochrane isn’t good enough, too slow, absolute powderpuff and his passing yesterday at times was dog shit. The 90 minutes yesterday won’t define our season but unless we drop the main culprits for next week they will no doubt think they are bulletproof and turn in that nonsense on a consistent basis. 

18 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

Some QoS fans behind the goal applauding Olly McDonalds finish.

Superb strike 👏

I noticed the name and thought we had someone with a similar name on our bench first half of last season (never got on the pitch though). Yes we let him go in the summer and he was obviously fired up going by his twitter post. 

Guest Flash
29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A centre forward who has played some games at CB now looking like the best option at LB. And a 38 year old winger who has played at RB for a couple of seasons is the best option at RB. Kind of shows the standard of the other two and begs the question why we signed them. I would have expected the defenders we signed this season to be upgrades on the ones we had who had the worst defensive record in the Championship. It seems not.