QoS vs Clyde

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 minutes ago, Slipmat said:
With Todd being out, and East possibly not being fully match-fit I wonder who our captain will be on Saturday.  Connelly maybe?

Is Todd definitely out?

Broken toe so I'd be guessing a couple of weeks unless he plays with injections.

ETA - suspected broken toe!

Edited by Slipmat

Broken toe so I'd be guessing a couple of weeks unless he plays with injections.
ETA - suspected broken toe!
Aye that's why I ask. The latest was suspected broken toe so I'm kind of hoping it was just badly bruised on Saturday and no actual break. Just wondered if there had been an update.

15 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

With Todd being out, and East possibly not being fully match-fit I wonder who our captain will be on Saturday.  Connelly maybe?

P. Mackay, McGrory or Wullie himself, if he plays, would be well up the list of candidates before Connelly imo. 

21 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

P. Mackay, McGrory or Wullie himself, if he plays, would be well up the list of candidates before Connelly imo. 

I think Wullie will play on Saturday, probably why he gave himself minutes against Elgin last week

A tough test for Clyde this one but it should be a good indicator of where we are. The league cup performances were a mixed bag but we should hopefully see a settled squad rather than the usual chopping and changing we like to do during the group stages.

I won’t make this one myself, as I’m away but, on a personal note, it’s nice to start the season at Palmerston. My Gran, who passed away in February, was from Sanquhar, before moving to Thornhill, so I’ve always held a wee soft spot for Queens. Her elder brother, James (Jim) Hogg, was a Queen of the South fan, who sadly passed away on the 17th July. He was attending matches right up into his ninties but had to stop, fairly recently, when the travelling from Sanquhar became a bit much. Even at my Gran’s funeral, he was commenting on how Allan Johnston hadn’t done very well second time around and deserved to be sacked. :lol: Some man.

16 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Got us on the coupon. So an inevitable f**k up could be on the cards. Hoping for a 2-0 win though.

Probably because I support Clyde I think this but betting on your own team is madness, double rage when they burst your coupon on top of a bad result. 

Probably because I support Clyde I think this but betting on your own team is madness, double rage when they burst your coupon on top of a bad result. 

I've found myself betting against us regularly in recent times. Easy money and takes the sting out of a defeat somewhat.

10 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Bet against us then it’s a win win situation! Works for me. It’s just the other teams on my coupon that don’t play ball…

Sadly can’t make tomorrow, I do enjoy going to Palmerston and it’s been a long time. The last game I saw there Dougie Imrie scored an overhead kick in a (2-0?) win. Neil McGregor scored as well. 

I’ll take a draw right now!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

4 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Any chance of Thicot being available for this one, I wonder? The thought of going into a meaningful game with only Cassidy for cover at centre half is harrowing.

Just a case of waiting in a queue I believe. I did notice a couple of Hibs and Aberdeens new signings got their permits this week so here's hoping that if he hasn't already, it won't be far away. 

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Any chance of Thicot being available for this one, I wonder? The thought of going into a meaningful game with only Cassidy for cover at centre half is harrowing.

I get the feeling that Cassidy would only play if there were a lot more injuries than just Grant or McLean.

What's the situation with parking nearby?  
Hunners. If you can get a space in the Ice Bowl behind the stand you'll be in it'll make sense to try there first. Failing that there is loads of street parking. And the arena carpark wont be close to full for this fixture I'd imagine.