Pars vs Alloa - Sat 30th July

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Sitting in the house waiting for the highlights to go live! I've no money for long-distance journeys to faraway lands such as Fife.

I didn't realise Kyle Benedictus was with you chaps now. How are you enjoying him and O'Hara? Both good players for us.

Bene has made a very good start IMO. Looks steady, composed and a leader at the back. Thought he strolled it today.

O'Hara works very hard but I've never been won over by him. Remember reading that he's only scored in two games since September 2021, despite playing nearly every week.

Benedictus is going to be a very good player for us. He is the complete opposite of what we had last season. Think Breen should compliment him well, but the jury is still out on Breen. Breen actually won MOTM today, which I was surprised about. Not that he was poor or anything, but would have had Todd and Edwards ahead of him.

O’Hara’s early promise seems like a distant memory now. He hasn’t had a good game in ages.

O’Hara has been really poor, today he was awful, I know we are playing him out of position but practically everything he did today was mince.

He does put a shift in though, can’t fault his work ethic.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Sitting in the house waiting for the highlights to go live! I've no money for long-distance journeys to faraway lands such as Fife.

I didn't realise Kyle Benedictus was with you chaps now. How are you enjoying him and O'Hara? Both good players for us.

Only saw today but Bene looks alright. Possibly will throw one in from time to time I feel.

O Hara hasn't progressed at all. 3 year deal and nothing of note to show for it. 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Decent highlight package.

Keeper has made an arse of it for the goal,  definitely not a pen for sammon falling over.    Doesn't clear up durnan's header and i can't see ours doing any better when the main cam will have been about 3 ft away and we only tend to put the behind goal cam in the end we are attacking.   

Would have given benedictus MOM, proper leader. 

9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Only saw today but Bene looks alright. Possibly will throw one in from time to time I feel.

O Hara hasn't progressed at all. 3 year deal and nothing of note to show for it. 

I'm surprised to see Benedictus down at this level TBH. Shame about O'Hara, as Falkirk weren't keen on him either. Hopefully we can rehabilitate once his contract's up!

1 hour ago, waspie13 said:

Who's crying we will be OK but I think you lot will be crying when you are still in this devision next season going on the last 2 weeks against us 

You have responded to an invitation to "cry more" by "crying more".

That is a complete howler from the goalkeeper. You don’t really notice that in realtime, but how on earth is he getting beat there? Meh, the penalty one maybe not so after seeing it from that angle. Sammon’s going to ground outside the box then pulls Comrie when inside. Convinced the goal line one was over, but unless you have the technology or actual competent referees in this country, you’ll never know. Draw would have been a fair result, but that’s the way it goes sometimes. We’ve been on the other end of that kind of result far too often the past few seasons.

Again, a better team will have a field day against us unless we get some players in. Dread to think what a Stewart Petrie-guided Montrose would do to us or even Falkirk.

Looked like a good game from the highlights. No points, but you can't complain too much about the performance. Shame about the goal, but Hogarth's still very young and has looked promising in other games, so I don't expect it to become a habit.

We could do OK if we can find goals from somewhere. If.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's the first Pars win I've seen in person since March 2020.

Because you've not been much, or because things have been that bad?

I forget the details now, but I started coming along to the Recs sporadically when Allan Maitland was in cherge, and it took something like seventeen games before I saw a win (2-0 v Peterhead, as I recall).

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm surprised to see Benedictus down at this level TBH. Shame about O'Hara, as Falkirk weren't keen on him either. Hopefully we can rehabilitate once his contract's up!

O Hara was a Crawford signing after Nisbet left. Young, lots to prove but potential. Didn't come with much excitement though, he was involved in an incident against us whilst at Falkirk so already fighting an uphill battle. 

He's always worked hard, but we've never played to his strengths. Instead of getting in behind, he's asked constantly to chase down defenders or play wide at times. 

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Because you've not been much, or because things have been that bad?

I forget the details now, but I started coming along to the Recs sporadically when Allan Maitland was in cherge, and it took something like seventeen games before I saw a win (2-0 v Peterhead, as I recall).

A bit of a mix. Obviously couldn't go during the COVID season and we've been absolutely terrible for a while, so all the games I've been to since then (11, not including yesterday) we haven't won (all defeats except one draw).

That is a complete howler from the goalkeeper. You don’t really notice that in realtime, but how on earth is he getting beat there? Meh, the penalty one maybe not so after seeing it from that angle. Sammon’s going to ground outside the box then pulls Comrie when inside. Convinced the goal line one was over, but unless you have the technology or actual competent referees in this country, you’ll never know. Draw would have been a fair result, but that’s the way it goes sometimes. We’ve been on the other end of that kind of result far too often the past few seasons.

Again, a better team will have a field day against us unless we get some players in. Dread to think what a Stewart Petrie-guided Montrose would do to us or even Falkirk.