Pars vs Alloa - Sat 30th July

A narrow defeat wasn't unexpected, however Dunfermline were surprisingly rank for long spells of that game so we should have got something out of it.
Sammon & McIver put themselves about, but it's a concern if we're relying on them for goals this season.
I did like the steak bridie though.

Don’t get why you would be surprised. We aren’t that good and will be doing well to get a top 4 finish this season, unless we can add some heavy hitters akin to Benedictus and Hamilton in midfield and wide areas.

8 minutes ago, Sixtyten said:

Glorious. I'd forgotten about the Brown sending off, great stuff.

He didn’t take it very well did he? I was sitting in the main stand above the old dressing rooms and you could feel the stand bang and shake as he set about trashing them.

I thought Dunfermline had the more possession but I think Alloa were a bit unfortunate not to get anything out the game today. It looks like Durnan could be out for a wee while & with Andy Graham not getting any younger I think we will need the strengthen in that position. Can’t fault anyone for effort today however it is evident we are missing that bit of pace & skill that Henderson gave us as an attacking option last season and if we are to challenge at the top end of the league I hope Rice has another few good loan signings up his sleeve.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Tipsy sorry for the spamming but I thoroughly enjoyed Mehmet's shithousery by time wasting then dropping to the ground onto the ball after we went ahead. Fucking class.

It’s was glorious,  very high up in the things you love to see.

About 34 seconds in. A few more fans there that day and from the other wing..

Remember it well, Marc Smith ran himself into the ground that day. I'm sure Leishman said after the match that Smith collapsed in the dressing room after the whistle

Didn't think we were great by any stretch but thought we deserved a draw out of that, didn't do enough in front of goal to deserve a victory. We were pretty solid at the back and as much as MacIver and Sammon won a fair amount of flick ons, they are too similar and never really felt they were going to lead to a clear cut opportunity. Would need to see the header off the line and especially the penalty again (which looked stonewall), but we didn't really test Mehmet enough.

Been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but Church is absolutely hopeless. He doesn't tackle, he can't stop crosses and he constantly turns back when going forward or his crosses hit the first man. Was clear today that dunfermline's tactic was to get the ball onto their right wing to get at him and it worked to an extent, but felt Stanger was excellent today and dealt with the crosses well. Replacing Church is equally as big a priority as a striker IMO.

On the positive side Scougall was good again today, Hogarth had another good game and Cawley seems to be fitting in well at RWB and was excellent again today, particularly first half. There's the making of a decent team there that can challenge for the play-offs, but if we don't get a striker in then we're in for a lot of frustrating afternoons I fear.

Very pleased to get out of that game with a W, Alloa will be disappointed not to take anything but the game went pretty much how I thought it would.

I thought we were very poor first half, Alloa had a lot of the ball and were in control for the majority, thankfully we had someone to clear the ball off the line. I would be interested to hear from fans who had a better view than me to see whether it was over the line or not, looked close. Would also like to have another look at the Sammon incident in the box as to whether a penalty or not.

When you’re not playing well, when a chance presents itself you’ve got to take it and I thought Todd should’ve put the chance he had away.

Second half we were better but again lacked a goal threat. I thought O’Hara was very poor and we looked more of a threat when McPake brought him and Chalmers off for Todorov and Wighton.

We showed a bit of naivety to allow the Alloa players to shoot from range and almost paid the price with the belter off the bar and the good save from Mehmet.

It did look like 0-0 but for what was a fluke from Todd and indecisiveness from the keeper, will take it any day.

For a team that’s still incomplete and in need of multiple signings, throw in the Hamilton suspension, this was a very important victory to tide us over until next Saturday.

MoM for me was Scougall, thought he cruised the game and was a right handful.  If I had to pick a Par, would be Benedictus, proper defender and going to be an excellent captain for us.

Edited by Berry

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Surprised to see an Alloa fan saying the keeper had a good game when he made such a c**t of the goal.

Outside of that😃 Couldn't really tell what happened from our end but seemed like it was just one of those freak goals that happen to keepers all the time, would need to see it again to see how badly he was at fault. 

1 minute ago, AlloaAdam said:

Outside of that😃 Couldn't really tell what happened from our end but seemed like it was just one of those freak goals that happen to keepers all the time, would need to see it again to see how badly he was at fault. 

Just a positioning error and a failure to judge the ball's flight.

Other than a few efforts straight at his gloves, he didn't have to do anything else of note tbh.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Where's the fat tabby one?!

Sitting in the house waiting for the highlights to go live! I've no money for long-distance journeys to faraway lands such as Fife.

I didn't realise Kyle Benedictus was with you chaps now. How are you enjoying him and O'Hara? Both good players for us.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Sitting in the house waiting for the highlights to go live! I've no money for long-distance journeys to faraway lands such as Fife.

I didn't realise Kyle Benedictus was with you chaps now. How are you enjoying him and O'Hara? Both good players for us.

See what's bizarre... Hibs put theirs out at 10pm. Like what even are the rules.

image.thumb.png.f301a36e7372d1937e65f3b80d186e8a.png

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

See what's bizarre... Hibs put theirs out at 10pm. Like what even are the rules.

image.thumb.png.f301a36e7372d1937e65f3b80d186e8a.png

They use players who are suspended and believe the SPFL should help schedule their games so they get better crowds.

They're being run by morons.