Pars vs Alloa - Sat 30th July

Thought dunfermline were very lucky to get the win today, Alloa certainly deserved something out of it.

Thought it was a clear penalty for the pull on sammon, he had no need to go down as he was getting away from the defender, 

No sure what was wrong with Robbo today but I thought his presence was missed in there as King and Millar are a bit lightweight and it was always a risk  playing Durnan who didn't look 100% fit

The keeper could have done better for the goal but it was a total fluke and just caught him out of position. Impressed again with Stanger and I think he is capable of playing at a higher level,he has all the attributes to be a good defender.

Edited by Wee wasp

20 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Today's game confirms to me we're a good team but we can't score goals. 

Didn't see the game today but that was my impression from pre-season and League Cup. Sammon and MacIver both effective in their own way but neither will be prolific scorers, and Rodden can also hopefully bring something different but not realistic to expect him to come up a few levels and score loads. Need to try and find a good striker on loan as Goodwin did a couple of times in the Championship. 

Thought we deserved something from the game and can probably feel a bit unfortunate with what others up that end have said about the header and penalty shout in first half - no idea about the header being over or not but even from the other end of the ground the Sammon one looked a pen. 

Definitely missed Robertson in midfield but I did think Miller worked had again in there today. Scougall was the stand out player on the park for me, and we looked like if we were going to score that it would come through him. 

Although I do think we are lacking a goal scorer, think the bigger problem today was the supply coming in to them. Some of the attempted balls in from wide were awful - think it took Church until stoppage time to actually get a ball passed the first man. 

Overall, narrow defeat was pretty much what I was expecting today but the way the game panned out it was probably at least 1 point dropped to be honest. 

Thought neither team were any good. Really poor game.

Goal was a big fluke, but will take that every time.

Our midfield was desperately poor today. Don't rate any of Allan, Todd or Chalmers there. Telling how early Chalmers was replaced, and by a player who 

Thought MacDonald was our best player, but his crossing was infuriatingly poor. He got in to good positions and was willing to take a man on. Was frustrating to see that he almost always had no one in support out wide. There was a huge area of the pitch with no one in it crying out for someone to make a run for the ball.

Was annoyed with how often we let them shoot from distance second half. That cost us so much last season. Nearly cost us today with the one that rattled off the bar.

Mehmet had little to do but made a great save late second half.

Edited by DA Baracus

Overall a bit poo, but they worked hard and gave everything. It’s bloody good to have a proper captain again. Benedictus was exceptional. Matty Todd had a really good game too.

Jury is out on a few of them, and we would definitely look better with a midfield of Todd, Hamilton, and Crawford (if he signs)

If some of the Alloa fans think that was good, then I have no words. Both teams were absolutely awful. We will seriously struggle this season if we don’t get more bodies in. We got off with it today. Against better teams we’ll get roundly beat.

Nobody appealed and he managed to stay on his feet but McDonald got body checked from behind as he was dribbling out the box towards the corner flag in the second half. If he’d collapsed Sammon-style it was a penalty.

Thought that was exactly the type of result McPake has been talking about. We can’t pretend we’re a good team but the fight and fitness is there to see and there are lots of little positive elements. 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

This is absolutely shite. Sympathetic somewhat with McPake having to deal with this rabble, but still should be beating these lot at home. Terrible. 

These lot ? I think you have the same issue as a lot of the Falkirk supporters thinking that you are still a big club that should be in the premiership scraped a very fortunate 3 points today 

9 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

These lot ? I think you have the same issue as a lot of the Falkirk supporters thinking that you are still a big club that should be in the premiership scraped a very fortunate 3 points today 

Have a curry and a pint Brian, it won't seem so bad in the morning x

14 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

Cry more. 

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Tipsy sorry for the spamming but I thoroughly enjoyed Mehmet's shithousery by time wasting then dropping to the ground onto the ball after we went ahead. Fucking class.

He always looks half a second away from an absolute howler but never actually makes one.

25 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Overall a bit poo, but they worked hard and gave everything. It’s bloody good to have a proper captain again.

Good shout about Benedictus. There’s not much he can do about what’s in front of him but took all of about 30 seconds for him to look like a classic Pars captain.

A narrow defeat wasn't unexpected, however Dunfermline were surprisingly rank for long spells of that game so we should have got something out of it.

Sammon & McIver put themselves about, but it's a concern if we're relying on them for goals this season.

I did like the steak bridie though.