Pars vs Alloa - Sat 30th July

84 days on from our lamentable capitulation vs Queen's Park in the play-offs, the Pars get our new league season underway on Saturday.

A forgettable League Cup campaign and lack of extensive summer recruitment means I've not got a lot of optimism for a successful title challenge.

We have a very small squad, which includes zero wingers, no defensive back-up and are reliant on some higher paid players who have done nothing good in a Pars shirt.

It will be good to be back in the North West anyway and hopefully we can get off to a winning start.

Similar to the OP, a little concerned regarding new additions which results in a lack of excitement however I was fairly optimistic… until yesterday.

Two really good new additions but yesterday reeked of last season, I gave the squad the benefit of the doubt, thought they would do better in L1 and they may well do so, but I can’t help but feel a stale stench is still lingering around the place.

Pre-season friendlies aren’t for me and I’ve been busy for all of the league cup games so next weekend will be my first game of the season, I’m hoping it’ll feel different once I’m back, new coaching team etc but just really worried about the depth of the squad as it stands.

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Mind that Hamilton is suspended for this and the FC Edinburgh game. 

Oh, fantastic news!

Really not looking forward to this at all. Our midfield is absolutely dire. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Oh, fantastic news!

Really not looking forward to this at all. Our midfield is absolutely dire. 

Aye, a shitter. Thought he was good on Saturday. Was getting the ball all over the place and involved in loads of things, both attacking wise and defensively.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, a shitter. Thought he was good on Saturday. Was getting the ball all over the place and involved in loads of things, both attacking wise and defensively.

Agreed. Already looks like an integral part. I would say we should go and sign players, but not only is it difficult to attract players at the moment, we've also painted ourselves in to a corner by dishing out contracts to the midfielders we have. It's really not ideal.

This will be a hard game and I am sure Dunfermline will be a bit rallied after being boo'ed off at the weekend. We have a decent record at EEP, so we just need stick to the plan. Weathered a lot of storms on Saturday and I am sure the likes of Hogarth and co. will have to play similar to Saturday. 

Jon Robertson got to start for us, game changer when he came on at the weekend. Allowed Scougall to play with more freedom and Robbo was just so calm to collect the ball at any moment, as well as stick the foot in. Like you guys, would hope to see some new faces in this or next week. On top of that, hope to see the likes of Durnan and Howie potentially near return to the squad to bolster the options.

Glad to hear Hamilton is suspended for the Pars as thought he was their best player. Chalmers when he came on, penalty miss aside, offered a lot less, so if it is him that gets the nod, it definitely weakens Dunfermline. I didn't think they played badly on Saturday, especially down that right hand side with O'Hara and Comrie they caused us all sorts of problems, Church was having a hard day at the office until Robbo came on. Was strange when they changed everything at the equaliser as still thought they were the better team at that moment.

Feels weird to have a carbon copy of the fixture a week later, hope it doesn't fall in favour of Dunfermline with that extra bit of motivation to get one back after the reaction of their supporters on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

They already are, as far as I can see. Looks like you’re in the main stand east wing again.

https://dafc.co.uk/awaytickets/

3 hours ago, forzapars said:

The tickets are on sale here: https://dafc.co.uk/awaytickets/

tbf to @Rory they weren't available when I looked earlier today.

One benefit of the club keeping an eye on P&B!

Wighton, O'Hara, Todorov, and even McCann as your striking options in League 1. We should be battering teams, but our dogshit midfield will ensure that doesn't happen.