36 years, how much longer?

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I still think you need to take a point from Hibs to lend your table legitimacy.

If I do that then I’d need to disregard the twelve points St Mirren will take from them, and that would scupper our Top 6 Tony aspirations. For that reason, I’m out. 😁

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If I do that then I’d need to disregard the twelve points St Mirren will take from them, and that would scupper our Top 6 Tony aspirations. For that reason, I’m out. 😁

I'd double any points taken from The Two Teams Who Do Not Exist to give an added incentive.

45 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Real Madrid streets ahead tonight.

I wonder if Celtic considered trying a bit harder.

Bunch of bone-idle layabouts, I understand.

If they trained for 23 hours a day like Real Madrid, they might have had a chance, but their fans will never accept there's a problem with laziness in Glasgow football.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

Bunch of bone-idle layabouts, I understand.

If they trained for 23 hours a day like Real Madrid, they might have had a chance, but their fans will never accept there's a problem with laziness in Glasgow football.

Too many kids playing PlayStations instead of playing football in the street in the pitch black too.  Scotland will never produce world class players whilst that is going on.

1 minute ago, BoJack said:

Refreshing to watch them at least have a go though, no ? Genuinely enjoyable match, compared to the diddies that time waste in the tunnel before the game even starts, and camp with 11 men behind the ball. If we played them more often, we'd adapt further and probably do a bit better each time.

Aye, that's certainly the way it's worked in domestic football.

Just now, BoJack said:

Fully expecting another eleven men behind the ball, time wasting masterclass coming up this weekend. 

A decent protest against the pointlessness of the Premiership would be for the other clubs to all agree to play 1-1-8 at walking speed at Ibrox and Parkhead.

Certainly wouldn't affect crowds, but would highlight what a meaningless competition it is, and would remove any kind of competitive preparation for Celtgers' real interest.

Aberdeen would never agree to it, of course.

24 minutes ago, BoJack said:

That being said, the other teams could do more. 

I'll humour you.

Hearts are currently better-placed than anyone else to challenge.

15,500 season tickets, average crowds very high, modern stadium all done, over 8,000 supporters contributing extra money on a regular basis.

How many points behind the Old Firm do you think we'll finish this year (my guess is 25-30) and explain what 'more' you think Hearts could do to challenge the Old Firm.

Aberdeen train in a dog shit laden kid's play park

You've been to Cormack Park, the almost brand new custom built training facility?

I could go on and on

Please don't.

Maybe we could re-write history, get in a TARDIS and make more clubs basis for existence 100's of years of religious bigotry. Probably too late to start now........

Edited by Raidernation

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'll humour you.

Hearts are currently better-placed than anyone else to challenge.

15,500 season tickets, average crowds very high, modern stadium all done, over 8,000 supporters contributing extra money on a regular basis.

How many points behind the Old Firm do you think we'll finish this year (my guess is 25-30) and explain what 'more' you think Hearts could do to challenge the Old Firm.

Merge with Hibs.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Merge with Hibs.

There's too many teams!

Then maybe Edinburgh Midlothian Hibernian can merge with the merged Dundee teams, because THERE'S TOO MANY TEAMS!

And then when that team can't challenge because THERE'S TOO MANY TEAMS! We can just all merge into one big football club to take on the Old Firm.

But CAN SCOTLAND SUPPORT THREE FOOTBALL CLUBS?

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

There's too many teams!

Then maybe Edinburgh Midlothian Hibernian can merge with the merged Dundee teams, because THERE'S TOO MANY TEAMS!

And then when that team can't challenge because THERE'S TOO MANY TEAMS! We can just all merge into one big football club to take on the Old Firm.

But CAN SCOTLAND SUPPORT THREE FOOTBALL CLUBS?

No.

Celtgers would win the Europa Challenge Cup (or whatever it's called) within five years if they merged.

This the same Hearts that were relegated like 2 years ago ? Newly promoted team and you think you're gonna challenge for the league straight away ? 

I do think though if you keep the bulk of your squad and add quality to it, you could close the gap massively within 2-3 years. Need to stop losing to likes of Livi and Killie right enough to maintain challenge. 

Get Budge on the blower pronto!

4 minutes ago, BoJack said:

This the same Hearts that were relegated like 2 years ago ? Newly promoted team and you think you're gonna challenge for the league straight away ? 

I do think though if you keep the bulk of your squad and add quality to it, you could close the gap massively within 2-3 years. Need to stop losing to likes of Livi and Killie right enough to maintain challenge. 

Ok. So, as I understand it - and I might be wrong here, so help me out - your masterplan for Hearts challenging the Old Firm is

1) Keep good players

2) Sign some more good players

3) Win more games

f**k me, you're a genius! Are you looking for a CEO job, by any chance?

CALL US!

Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Tynecastle Park
McLeod Street
Edinburgh, EH11 2NL

0333 043 1874

Ahh, THAT Cormack park. The world renowned historical powerhouse of youth academies, the cutting edge of sporting development, that's been in existence for decades. 

Still, it's not a

a dog shit laden kid's play park

is it?

Typical celtic fan, making up stories to fit your (usually paranoid) agenda.