36 years, how much longer?

4 minutes ago, BoJack said:

It's this type of nonsense attitude that got you relegated not so long ago. 

This is the equivalent of coming to Celtic park, going a goal down ... And time wasting. 

That's a reply that says nothing.

You've said the other clubs could 'do better'. But when I ask you for a practical suggestion as to what this might mean for Hearts, you can't give one.

Not a single suggestion.

I'm ridiculing you because what you say is ridiculous. I don't see how my attitude causes anything.

Edited by VincentGuerin

4 minutes ago, BoJack said:

Well it's not a reply that says nothing. I think if you keep the core of your squad together - McKay, Shankland, Boyce, Kingsley, Forrest, Cochrane etc and add to it with equal or more quality, then you are capable of closing the gap, or should be aiming to do so..

Your attitude is pish, trying miserably to be comical with your CEO pish. 

Hearts getting beat off Livi and Killie isn't good enough, and that's the reason you won't challenge any time soon. Your squad should be doing better than it currently is. 

I'm sorry, but 'keep your squad together' is not a suggestion. It's what everybody has always wanted to do.

How do Hearts do that, exactly? You may have noted that we recently lost one of our best players to your pals. Keeping a squad together in modern football is essentially impossible.

Give me a practical suggestion for what Hearts could do above what we're doing now that would allow us to challenge.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm sorry, but 'keep your squad together' is not a suggestion. It's what everybody has always wanted to do.

How do Hearts do that, exactly? You may have noted that we recently lost one of our best players to your pals. Keeping a squad together in modern football is essentially impossible.

Give me a practical suggestion for what Hearts could do above what we're doing now that would allow us to challenge.

Stop losing football matches, FFS. It's not difficult.

Better hurry up with it before Livingston or Kilmarnock come up with the idea themselves. You'll look a bit stupid then.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Stop losing football matches, FFS. It's not difficult.

Better hurry up with it before Livingston or Kilmarnock come up with the idea themselves. You'll look a bit stupid then.

I'm toying with this idea about scoring more goals.

I'm putting together a powerpoint as we speak. Going to Tynecastle tomorrow AND I WON'T LEAVE TILL BUDGE HEARS ME OUT.

2 minutes ago, BoJack said:

A practical suggestion would instructing your players NOT to actively waste time the second the game kicks off, especially when a goal down. Another suggestion would be telling players NOT to dive, get sent off and ultimately fucked out of Europa. 

If you're asking me literally how to keep players at Hearts, then sorry I can't answer, literally. 

😄

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Trolls at least used to have more patience before the 'big reveal'.

Big ups for Stormfront/Santander - kicked off by saying, "I'm just here to troll the Nats". Anyone still reading from that point could have no complaints. Much respect.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lads, this guy is clearly at it. 

...and yet, they're posting the same stuff as their peers who aren't at it.

We should make a list of the Celtgers formula for success:

1. Don't waste time
  2. Never dive
  3. Don't lose matches in the Europa League

Look out, Premiership; we're a third of the way there already.

1 hour ago, BoJack said:

Well they could, couldn't they ? 

Aberdeen train in a dog shit laden kid's play park. They're meant to be 3rd biggest team in the league fs. Hired an absolute no hope in Stephen glass, and were spiralling down the league. Set themselves back massively because the chairman hired his wee pal. 

Hibs hire a young up and coming coach in Maloney, try and play attacking fitba, then sack him after a fortnight. 

Dutd finish 4th last season, have chance of getting in Europe, and what do they do ? Hire Jack Ross, get battered off everyone and then sack him after 4 weeks. 

I could go on and on. To suggest other clubs can't do better is pish. 

Paraphrasing slightly here, but in summary;

• Glass - young aspiring Scottish coach, with some managerial experience, who should not have been given the chance he got
  • Maloney - young aspiring Scottish coach, with no managerial experience, who should have been given more than the 4 months 2 weeks that he got
  • Ross - young-ish aspiring Scottish coach, with quite a bit of managerial experience, who seemingly was responsible for his team getting battered off everyone as opposed to there being anything wrong with the squad mentality/hierarchy, etc, and should not have been given the chance he got

Remind me, which team did Maloney spend most of his playing career at? 

5 minutes ago, stu92 said:

Paraphrasing slightly here, but in summary;

• Glass - young aspiring Scottish coach, with some managerial experience, who should not have been given the chance he got
  • Maloney - young aspiring Scottish coach, with no managerial experience, who should have been given more than the 4 months 2 weeks that he got
  • Ross - young-ish aspiring Scottish coach, with quite a bit of managerial experience, who seemingly was responsible for his team getting battered off everyone as opposed to there being anything wrong with the squad mentality/hierarchy, etc, and should not have been given the chance he got

Remind me, which team did Maloney spend most of his playing career at? 

Tsk. So cynical!

1 hour ago, BoJack said:

Aberdeen train in a dog shit laden kid's play park. 

1 hour ago, BoJack said:

Ahh, THAT Cormack park. The world renowned historical powerhouse of youth academies, the cutting edge of sporting development, that's been in existence for decades. 

Well which is it?

Refreshing to watch them at least have a go though, no ? Genuinely enjoyable match, compared to the diddies that time waste in the tunnel before the game even starts, and camp with 11 men behind the ball. If we played them more often, we'd adapt further and probably do a bit better each time.

It was nice of Real to let Celtic play with the ball for a bit on their big night and make it seem like a contest. Then the second half started, they shifted from first to second gear and won the game comfortably. Celtic fans get to pat themselves on the back for singing loudly and Real go home with the three points, everyone’s happy.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

A decent protest against the pointlessness of the Premiership would be for the other clubs to all agree to play 1-1-8 at walking speed at Ibrox and Parkhead.

Certainly wouldn't affect crowds, but would highlight what a meaningless competition it is, and would remove any kind of competitive preparation for Celtgers' real interest.

Aberdeen would never agree to it, of course.

Alternatively, remember when Hearts went down to 9 men at Ibrox years ago and a big fuss was made if they lost another it'd be abandoned and forfit a 3-0 loss. Factor in some of the pumpings given to teams recently then perhaps there is a way to a better result. In no way would I advocate on pitch ill discipline just for the sake of it but if every game was abandoned by halftime against the OF then for some teams 0 points and -12 GD is actually an improvement.

1 hour ago, BoJack said:

Aye, his coaching credentials were based on playing for the big bad old firm. Nothing to do with coaching the No1 ranked country for years. 

Working with, coaching and gaining the respect of some of the best players on the planet ... Nah. All about the big bad old firm. 

I didn’t correlate coaching credentials with the old firm, you did that.

I don’t entirely disagree with you that Maloney has had a good grounding as a coach (the same grounding as Thierry Henry no less). But he’s also the only of the three similarly profiled examples you gave that had zero management experience and the only one you suggested should’ve got more time. And the only one that played for Celtic.

But you seem like a fairly unblinkered and unbiased individual so that was maybe unfair of me to make that connection. 

3 hours ago, BoJack said:

Aberdeen train in a dog shit laden kid's play park. They're meant to be 3rd biggest team in the league fs. Hired an absolute no hope in Stephen glass, and were spiralling down the league. Set themselves back massively because the chairman hired his wee pal. 

Hibs hire a young up and coming coach in Maloney, try and play attacking fitba, then sack him after a fortnight. 

Dutd finish 4th last season, have chance of getting in Europe, and what do they do ? Hire Jack Ross, get battered off everyone and then sack him after 4 weeks. 

I could go on and on. To suggest other clubs can't do better is pish. 

That's a good point.

The OF are in a stronger position than the others because they simply never employ dud managers.